All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

got a delay email for my Butterfly, shipping Aug 20th.

I know some of you got your copies already- what editions did you have? curious if they are working through/batching the orders by the type or just if a chunk in general are delayed.

I know some of you got your copies already- what editions did you have? curious if they are working through/batching the orders by the type or just if a chunk in general are delayed.

still waiting . UK store showing this: Originally scheduled to ship on or around Aug 13th, but transit delays have pushed us out a couple weeks. Currently scheduled to ship on around Aug 27th, or ASAP!

i ordered Papillon 3000

I ordered the German language copy from the AUS Gizzverse site and got it at the very end of June. it was defective but I received just a German language replacement disc in a sleeve from them a couple weeks ago.

More please ! Im on the fence of buying this. Push me over !
what would you like to see?

PS: started cleaning/listening. Currently listening to Live in Adelaide '19 and it's maybe lacking a little umph in the bass department but otherwise so far sounds really good. honestly I haven't listened to this digitally in a real long time, so I'm not sure if that lack of umph may just be the way it sounds no matter the media it's playing off of or if it's due to squeezing the show onto the space available on the discs.

I do have the Mystery Jack x Cygoodies copy of Live in Asheville so can compare those two to see if it has anything to do with Needlejuice's pressing, though that show may also just sound different than the Adelaide show.

what would you like to see?

PS: started cleaning/listening. Currently listening to Live in Adelaide '19 and it's maybe lacking a little umph in the bass department but otherwise so far sounds really good. honestly I haven't listened to this digitally in a real long time, so I'm not sure if that lack of umph may just be the way it sounds no matter the media it's playing off of or if it's due to squeezing the show onto the space available on the discs.

I do have the Mystery Jack x Cygoodies copy of Live in Asheville so can compare those two to see if it has anything to do with Needlejuice's pressing, though that show may also just sound different than the Adelaide show.
No idea, ill probably buy it anyways 😃

Are any of those gatefolds ? Inner sleeves all paper ?

No idea, ill probably buy it anyways 😃

Are any of those gatefolds ? Inner sleeves all paper ?
they're all gatefold with Adelaide being tri-fold. all have generic paper sleeves, which is a bit disappointing. the photos printed on the insides of the gatefolds are a bit blown-up and grainy, I like what Mystery Jack did better with the gatefold and that has printed inners. it's not necessarily that the NJ version looks bad, though it doesn't look great, but it's more that the Mystery Jack one just looks phenomenal.

NJ Ashville:
PXL_20210816_201437007-01.jpeg

MJ Ashville:
PXL_20210816_201502849-01.jpeg

@BazookaTooth, I only got to listen to and finish Adelaide so far. going to work on this over the week.

here's the etching on side F of the Adelaide show, I used some editing trickery to try and make it more visible.

though this disc has far too big of a center hole which I don't like, I have a clamp so centered it as best I could and pinned it down but not sure if I'm doing my turntable a disservice if it's not exactly centered when I clamp it, but it sounded just fine just now listening to it

PXL_20210816_215549657.NIGHT-01.jpeg

@BazookaTooth

also the actual box is pretty solid, as good as your average box set. I don't love the design and fonts on the box itself much, but it's fine. the foil lettering on the front and back are a nice touch. I also don't particularly like that the fonts on the spines aren't uniform across the 5 records but all this is really getting into nitpicking territory.

overall it's a solid B in terms of the box and packaging. I don't think I'd say any part of it is sub-par, there are design choices I don't love but that's subjective, so the next person may love everything about it. the paper sleeves is a bummer, again it's not sub-par but printed sleeves would have made the overall package nicer.

the records are overall all very nice in terms of colors. there's maybe 1 or 2 that aren't as amazing as the others but NJ generally shines in this department and once again they did a great job. the main issue is that center hole of disc 3, but I doubt that's a universal defect for all the boxes.

can't comment on the sound across the board. the one show so far sounded good. it didn't blow my balls off but definitely no major issues or complaints. I know that they might be sequencing some of the shows out of order, unless they addressed that and kept the tracklists in the original/correct order but the one I listened to flowed perfectly/seamlessly so I don't think it was sequenced out of order, though it is the only one that's 3 discs, so maybe that allowed them to keep that show in the correct order.

anyway, like I said so far I'd give it an overall B. nothing is worse than average and some aspects, like the color and weight of the discs, are great. again I can't comment about the sound across all the discs just yet, but otherwise I'd recommend it if you're interested in it. that said there is room for improvement on the packaging overall for me that keeps it from being a stellar box set.

sorry for the rambling...

Last edited:
Back