All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

My copy of Fishing for Fishies is like an hour away! Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow! I've only heard the title track so far.
Damn that's crazy you still dont have yours. I feel like I've had my copy for a month already. Well hopefully it arrives safe and sound tomorrow and you enjoy it as much as I have.

I don't think I could ever name an all time favorite song, at different times it has been: The River, Road Train, Her & I, Planet B, The Fourth Colour, Hot Wax, and The Book.

Way back on page 4 of the old thread I posted a gizzverse link I found, it took a while to write it out so I thought I'd put it back in here:

"So theres a link I don't think I've seen made yet.. I'm sure we're mostly familiar with the links between IIYMF, Nonagon and MOTU, they all have the castle/mountain in the album art. Someone in the facebook group pointed out some pretty strong visual similarities between Disney's Fantasia and the artwork (The Castle, Mountain and floating robed figures match). So moving forward..

They've used Brubeck's Take Five as inspiration for The River (from quarters), and it seems a fair bit like they've used Blue Rondo A La Turk (From the same Brubeck album) as inspiration for parts of chapter 1 of MOTU (So far unreleased, but you can hear it in live recordings of Altered Beast/Altered Me), the complex rythym and a similar melody is there. Next step..

This is where my connection comes in, The Sorcerer's Apprentice is probably the most well known sequence from Fantasia, in particular its theme; to me, Blue Rondo A La Turk sounds a bit like the Sorcerer's Apprentice theme backwards. Do I sound insane yet? Heres some reference:

Altered Beast/Altered Me:

Sounds like:

Blue Rondo A La Turk:

Which sounds like (Ignoring rythym):

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (3:25/8:05):

They do sound like each other right? Is this some insane coincidence? There are definitely some intentional pretty deep links around the Gizzverse, but I can't tell if I'm deluding myself here."

Back