Album Circle

I mean, I actually enjoy the album well enough, but what an unfortunate disservice to the band to have RT try and pull one over on people, and likely sour a lot of folks on the band who had little or nothing to do with the fuckery (I would hope.)

I wasn't eligible to sign up in the first place, so I have very little stake in this - but I'd probably be pretty annoyed by the false pretence under which this was initially advertised for sure, even if I did enjoy the record.

Shenanigans!

They really be tricking y'all
Apparently, this

LOL I'm actually listening to this album for the first time right in the middle of reading this thread. :LOL:😂

Certainly not a terrible record, but I would struggle to include it if you asked me to construct a Topsters100 right now. I certainly wouldn't pay $39 for it, even if it was signed + Q/A was made available.

They really be tricking y'all

LOL I'm actually listening to this album for the first time right in the middle of reading this thread. :LOL:😂

Certainly not a terrible record, but I would struggle to include it if you asked me to construct a Topsters100 right now. I certainly wouldn't pay $39 for it, even if it was signed + Q/A was made available.

reading the reddit thread now. it's entertaining. the discord comments about them changing the language of the website from exclusive vinyl to roughtrade exclusive shows they fucked up. They also say you can return it for a full refund, which I might do. They definitely made it sound like it was a true exclusive.

With that said, you're essentially buying an autograph for $10ish which isn't too insane.

reading the reddit thread now. it's entertaining. the discord comments about them changing the language of the website from exclusive vinyl to roughtrade exclusive shows they fucked up. They also say you can return it for a full refund, which I might do. They definitely made it sound like it was a true exclusive.

With that said, you're essentially buying an autograph for $10ish which isn't too insane.
It's not, but seeing as you could buy a cooler looking signed variant on their bandcamp up till earlier today for less, what it feels like we're really paying for are QR codes to wikipedia articles. And that sucks. It made it sound like it would be exclusive content on the album, not whatever this is turning out to be.

It's not, but seeing as you could buy a cooler looking signed variant on their bandcamp up till earlier today for less, what it feels like we're really paying for are QR codes to wikipedia articles. And that sucks. It made it sound like it would be exclusive content on the album, not whatever this is turning out to be.

exactly. and for making it sound like it was a true exclusive when it's not is enough reason for me to cancel and send it back and leave a bad review.

This should be next month's allegorical selection:

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank - Amazon.com Music

Just received mine and yup, full refund and cancellation incoming. Album Circle was so bad they made VMP look great! God forbid I was actually in love with the band, I’d have to find a way to justify holding onto this signed paper bag til the end of times.

Just received mine and yup, full refund and cancellation incoming. Album Circle was so bad they made VMP look great! God forbid I was actually in love with the band, I’d have to find a way to justify holding onto this signed paper bag til the end of times.
Mind sending those PIFs off as well when you head to the post office to return? ;)

Just joined the discord. The website changing again is super sketch. My package arrives today. Going to open to verify contents/take pics and request a refund. Not worth the hassle of dealing with another shit show record club. I've got vmp for that.

I just joined Discord yesterday (a friend was recommending it to me for a few weeks now). Glad I did.

The server for Album Circle is hilarious. How long will this club last?

Got my box in the mail today.

WTF is all I have to say, surprised I even have a record at all.

The end of the box was opened when I grabbed my package from the floor of the mailroom at my apartment complex after getting the delivery notification.

1625946992623.jpeg

Yup, the stuff inside of it was loose. I can slide the record forward and out.

1625947024118.jpeg

Not sure if I have everything.

I got the record, the wheel with the QR codes and the signed bag. Is that all that should be in the mailer?

I'm half tempted to just tell them it came open and my record is not autographed...

Got my box in the mail today.

WTF is all I have to say, surprised I even have a record at all.

The end of the box was opened when I grabbed my package from the floor of the mailroom at my apartment complex after getting the delivery notification.

View attachment 105275

Yup, the stuff inside of it was loose. I can slide the record forward and out.

View attachment 105276

Not sure if I have everything.

I got the record, the wheel with the QR codes and the signed bag. Is that all that should be in the mailer?

I'm half tempted to just tell them it came open and my record is not autographed...
By my understanding that is all that should be in there per the Discord. I'll check mine if it comes sealed today

How do you even contact them, I can't find anywhere to on their website.

Last edited:
Back