Album Circle

The $100 thing is nuts to me, it's a blind subscription where it feels really likely that you'll be able to buy the item on re-sale for less than $100 unless Rough Trade goes for a huge bang on the first few, especially given the mystery nature is going to cause misses for some folks. When you add in that of the three "value adds", one of them is a Q&A you can't sell...

Anyway, do we want to keep anything we end up getting in the mail behind spoiler tags or is it gonna be an open discussion? I'd like to be surprised if possible but I can also avoid the thread if I gotta until it comes in after a shipping notice.

Last edited:
The $100 thing is nuts to me, it's a blind subscription where it feels really likely that you'll be able to buy the item on re-sale for less than $100 unless Rough Trade goes for a huge bang on the first few, especially given the mystery nature is going to causes misses for some folks. When you add in that of the three "value adds", one of them is a Q&A you can't sell...

Anyway, do we want to keep anything we end up getting in the mail behind spoiler tags or is it gonna be an open discussion? I'd like to be surprised if possible but I can also avoid the thread if I gotta until it comes in after a shipping notice.
Good question and one I literally was thinking of this morning. I'd like to be surprised by opening the box too. Especially if it's not one I want, the preemptive disappointment will suck, lol. But I can avoid the thread till it shows up too if need be.

The $100 thing is nuts to me, it's a blind subscription where it feels really likely that you'll be able to buy the item on re-sale for less than $100 unless Rough Trade goes for a huge bang on the first few, especially given the mystery nature is going to causes misses for some folks. When you add in that of the three "value adds", one of them is a Q&A you can't sell...

Yea parting with $100 when you don’t know what it is seems crazy. I ended up subscribing but the price was the most I’d probably pay for something like this without having any idea what album they are doing. Hoping they start it off with a bang!
I’ll avoid posting specifics here but maybe if people do, they can do a spoiler tag? When’s the first one shipping again?

Early July is all we know about the first drop.

Does that mean we get it in early July, or that they ship it in early July? My guess is we will probably get it July 7th through July 15th ish in the mail.

So I think the general agreement is to throw anything in spoiler tags, at least initially, if we want to discuss?

Anyway, I just got an update via the Ship app on the order saying it has shipped, the tracking number is bonkers so it could be a false alarm or just something different than I'm used to, or just an internal update. Anyone else get anything notification wise?

So let me get the scoop here.

It's a rough trade exclusive rather than a Able Circle Exclusive. Which has people complaining that it's leftovers that they couldn't sell marked up with a 30% premium.

And you get an autographed paper bag over the record? They state that this was the artists choice.

man, that very first post is going to be something like
"so as you know the album is "SMOOTH JAZZ TO FUCK/MARRY/KILL" BY NIGHTMATHER AND THE CANADIAN MURDERERS ON BLOODSPLATTER VINYL WITH A BONUS GARROTE INCLUDED IN THE RECORD" and i'm so mad that the garrote damaged the sleeve and roughtrade won't send me a replacement"

Back