A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

Now that I’m getting back on the CD train I’m honestly half considering selling my bootleg series and going for it on CD instead. They take up so much space, half of them are a pig to get hold of and at least one of them would fetch a good price. I reckon I could sell them all, buy all the CDs and still have cash left over…

Also thinking of going similar with Joni, albums LP and archives CD.

Now that I’m getting back on the CD train I’m honestly half considering selling my bootleg series and going for it on CD instead. They take up so much space, half of them are a pig to get hold of and at least one of them would fetch a good price. I reckon I could sell them all, buy all the CDs and still have cash left over…

Also thinking of going similar with Joni, albums LP and archives CD.
CD box sets defo have a place

CD box sets defo have a place

For sure. I’d kind of stopped buying or playing CDs the last year or so but looking at my spend, my space and the fact that I really don’t want to double up wherever possible I’m going to end up getting and playing a lot more CDs going forward. Just need to get the new transport in first!

CDs are definitely the way to go for these massive sets especially.

I’d probably still only go for the 2CD sets that match the 3/4 LP ones that I still have, some of these dive a bit deep for me, but still in terms of space and cost for non studio releases it feels like it makes sense!

I tend to get the vinyl box set and a digital download (normally on the sly) of the full set. It worked really well on the 18CD Cutting Edge after cutting out all the false starts etc. That said, I don't think I've ever listened to any of the 36CD 1966 live set apart from the vinyl one I've got. I'm interested in this one though as it seems a pretty fertile time for him.

PS Some suggestion this set might be divvied up this way
Disc 1 - Remix
Disc 2 - Outtakes and Alternates
Disc 3 - Outtakes and Alternates
Disc 4 - Live (1998-2001)
Disc 5 - Bonus Disc: Previously Released (eg on Tell Tale Signs)

Last edited:
The 4LP, 1CD, and Deluxe CD versions are listed at Target, meaning they'll be available for 33% off if the B2G1 sale kicks in on Sunday, and the ad for this sale was just shared in the Online Vinyl Deals thread.

John Carvill really hates the new book
And a signed copy can be yours for the low cost of $599.99

The 4LP, 1CD, and Deluxe CD versions are listed at Target, meaning they'll be available for 33% off if the B2G1 sale kicks in on Sunday, and the ad for this sale was just shared in the Online Vinyl Deals thread.
@Joe Mac i think you were saying you might get CD versions of the bootleg series and have a US forwarding service…Target has quite a few of the bootleg series CD boxes including the new one in this sale.

@Joe Mac i think you were saying you might get CD versions of the bootleg series and have a US forwarding service…Target has quite a few of the bootleg series CD boxes including the new one in this sale.

Thanks! It’s the plan but I’m kinda skint right now because of the things I’ve bought recently!

Thanks! It’s the plan but I’m kinda skint right now because of the things I’ve bought recently!
I hear ya…worth keeping an eye on in the future. I’ve gotten quite a lot of the vinyl boxes from that sale and it’s usually twice a year now. The new bootleg series CD box is about $68 for example.

I hear ya…worth keeping an eye on in the future. I’ve gotten quite a lot of the vinyl boxes from that sale and it’s usually twice a year now. The new bootleg series CD box is about $68 for example.

Yeah I don’t think the 2CD sets are all that expensive anyway. Had a quick look on Amazon here and they’re all around £10 so €12 each likely. Im not after the big boxes for these, just the same headlines as the vinyl sets had.

I’ve been on the fence about the 10 LP box and put it in my cart, proceeded to the checkout page and entered my email on Friday. 48 hours later, I received a 15% off coupon.

I’m still on the fence so here it is for someone:

CHECKOUT-8F2C-SP0UW

Back