A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

I apologize for being a bad influence LOL

Those are the only three so far. Blonde on Blonde is next, and I thought it comes soon.

How is Freewheelin’?
Haven't listened to Freewheelin' yet, but yesterday cleaned both it and Bringing it All... and man, what beautiful slabs of vinyl. Fairly heavy weight, super flat and very clean. Listened to the latter and it sounded good to me, very clear and with nice separation.

Grab the HW61. If it’s not on cogs, same shop has an eBay store. It’s stellar. I also grabbed the mofi there. Way cheaper than US sellers
Received this (HW61) today from Recordshopshibuya. These records/packages are absolutely beautiful. I was surprised to see this one was released in 2018. Has anyone seen the Blonde on Blonde available anywhere other than ebay?

I have the MoFi too but caved on the BoB. Was ordering the other three and figured what the hell, now is the time to get it if I ever will. Not like I already have 5 others version…
What shipping option did you choose for BoB from cd japan? Or did you order from Recordshopshibuya via ebay? Either way, it's looking like $70-75 purchase.

What shipping option did you choose for BoB from cd japan? Or did you order from Recordshopshibuya via ebay? Either way, it's looking like $70-75 purchase.
I ordered through eBay on June 23. DHL said “July 22” delivery.

It came today and packed really well. Shipping from Japan seems to be very efficient.

Last edited:
Well I'm very glad I picked up the Blonde on Blonde, its marvelous. I am very curious about an A/B with the MoFi, which I will do soon, but this is a fantastic pressing. This is really a great series.

Well I'm very glad I picked up the Blonde on Blonde, its marvelous. I am very curious about an A/B with the MoFi, which I will do soon, but this is a fantastic pressing. This is really a great series.
I'd emailed Recordshopshibuya via discogs about this; received a reply today that they've now listed it. (Curious to know whether this one came to you with the postcard commemorating the 60th anniversary of Dylan's debut?)

I'd emailed Recordshopshibuya via discogs about this; received a reply today that they've now listed it. (Curious to know whether this one came to you with the postcard commemorating the 60th anniversary of Dylan's debut?)

I ordered all four and got three postcards, thought they weren't individually with the records. I would imagine the three I got were associated with the three 2022 releases, which would include BoB. I believe the CDJapan listing said they come with postcard "while supplies last" so I know that release definitely included them, but not sure how to know for sure if it will be included.

I ordered all four and got three postcards, thought they weren't individually with the records. I would imagine the three I got were associated with the three 2022 releases, which would include BoB. I believe the CDJapan listing said they come with postcard "while supplies last" so I know that release definitely included them, but not sure how to know for sure if it will be included.
Cool, thanks. Yes, the CDJapan listing mentions the postcard, and neither of Recordshopshibuya's listings (ebay/discogs) do. So far I'm 1 for 3 on the postcard, and thinking it's a bit silly of me to care/worry about that in relation to ordering BoB.

Did anyone ever compare the mofi to the Japan BoB?
I haven’t yet given in to the temptation for the Japan BoB, but my recollection of my MoFi of this is that there is some room for improvement, particularly where sibilance is concerned. I too will be interested to hear of any comparisons.

I haven’t yet given in to the temptation for the Japan BoB, but my recollection of my MoFi of this is that there is some room for improvement, particularly where sibilance is concerned. I too will be interested to hear of any comparisons.

I think you’re always going to come up with sibilance issues in the first 8 Dylan albums, however good the mastering and pressing. There are just so many high frequency sounds and not a huge amount of bass tbh.

Of course I am kidding, but it would have been cool to hear a new version of this song even if I don't really like the song. Extremely stupid about the exclusivity.

But it sold today.

Yeah me too. It’d be nice to hear it.

It’s really is so sad to see it just exist for one extremely rich person whose willing to pay the cost of 5 of my apartment to buy it.

Back