A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

Does the weird wooden box play the damn thing? I mean, I have the only copy of this Dylan recording in existence, but no way to listen to it. Or did it come with a FLAC that is also a NFT?

Does the weird wooden box play the damn thing? I mean, I have the only copy of this Dylan recording in existence, but no way to listen to it. Or did it come with a FLAC that is also a NFT?
The box is to store your ashes post trip to a no cost public crematorium after you die penniless from buying a 1.7M Bob Dylan single.

I haven’t yet given in to the temptation for the Japan BoB, but my recollection of my MoFi of this is that there is some room for improvement, particularly where sibilance is concerned. I too will be interested to hear of any comparisons.
I gave in. I will compare and report back.

I weirdly like that album haha. completely understand why people don't. i spin the bootleg box set of it a lot.

Yeah it’s fine but I’m quite happy with the £2.98 VG+ OGish copy I got off cogs to bump an order to free shipping a few years back…

I do have far too much affection for “Quinn The Eskimo” though!

I apologize for how long it took me, but I finally had a moment to compare the MOFI 3 LP 45 rpm Blonde on Blonde versus the most recent Japanese 2 LP 33 rpm version.

Both copies sound outstanding, and in terms of which is definitive is probably up to your ears. In typical Japanese fashion, the vinyl is dead flat and dead silent. There is a boost to the treble which works very well on some songs, but does make the harmonica a little harsh on a couple. Bob's voice is very present and center in the room, and the sound is very full.

The MOFI vinyl has more surface noise and isn't nearly as flat. That being said, the 45 RPM cut definitely adds a little more air around the instruments and there is a touch more instrument separation. Bob's voice is very present and centered in the room on this version as well. The low end is more boosted here, which is typical to MOFI.

Since I have both, I would probably say the MOFI is "better" because I have both, but if I didn't and only had the Japanese I would be very happy and probably say it is my final copy. I will probably go back and forth between the copies. The Japanese isn't far off, and I think if I were to say the MOFI is better it is only because of the 45 rpm treatment.

This probably doesn't help, but that's where I'm at with it right now.

Japan re-issues of greatest hits, more greatest hits and greatest hits 3 coming out.

edit - got some more info here

26 Oct 2022 - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits (SIJP 1047), transparent clear vinyl, poster by Milton Glaser included
23 Nov 2022 - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Volume II (SIJP 1077~8), gatefold sleeve, two LPs in transparent blue vinyl
21 Dec 2022 - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol. 3 (SIJP 1070~80) as a 2LP set in transparent red vinyl

①End-to-end manufacturing in Sony Music Group. 180gram.
②Lacquer was cut from analogue masters at Sony Music Studios Tokyo, 2022.
③New lyrics translations by Yoshiaki Sato with his commentaries.
④Translations of liner notes plus notes by Toyo Nakamura from the Japanese initial release, also includes Clinton Heylin's notes from the 2013 box set with annotations by Heckel Sugano.
⑤American-type sleeve with obi replicated from the Japanese CBS/Sony initial release

Last edited:
Japan re-issues of greatest hits, more greatest hits and greatest hits 3 coming out.

edit - got some more info here

26 Oct 2022 - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits (SIJP 1047), transparent clear vinyl, poster by Milton Glaser included
23 Nov 2022 - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Volume II (SIJP 1077~8), gatefold sleeve, two LPs in transparent blue vinyl
21 Dec 2022 - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol. 3 (SIJP 1070~80) as a 2LP set in transparent red vinyl

①End-to-end manufacturing in Sony Music Group. 180gram.
②Lacquer was cut from analogue masters at Sony Music Studios Tokyo, 2022.
③New lyrics translations by Yoshiaki Sato with his commentaries.
④Translations of liner notes plus notes by Toyo Nakamura from the Japanese initial release, also includes Clinton Heylin's notes from the 2013 box set with annotations by Heckel Sugano.
⑤American-type sleeve with obi replicated from the Japanese CBS/Sony initial release

Very cool. That postcard mentioned in the October 3 post (and pictured) looks awesome. I wonder if that is being packaged with any of these greatest hits releases.

Back