Zeppelin Ramble On Thread

That's a good idea....what are yours?
It might be tough for me to differentiate songs that I am completely tired of (Black Dog, Stairway) vs songs that I maybe never liked as much as the balance of their catalog.
For me it's more about which ones are most forgettable or just not up to par with their best work. But even now, as I listen to clips double-checking my instincts they are all still good on some level. But gun to my head I'd probably go...

• Hot Dog
  • Boogie with Stu
  • Darlene
  • Walter's Waltz
  • We're Gonna Groove

For me it's more about which ones are most forgettable or just not up to par with their best work. But even now, as I listen to clips double-checking my instincts they are all still good on some level. But gun to my head I'd probably go...

• Hot Dog
  • Boogie with Stu
  • Darlene
  • Walter's Waltz
  • We're Gonna Groove

It's tougher than I thought, seeing how I have reverence for their whole catalog. I'll go with ones that even early in my Zep love, I didn't dig as much as others.

Hot Dog
Immigrant Song
D'yer Mak'er
Candy Store Rock
Living Loving Maid

Hi, is there a consensus about best sounding, affordable vintage pressings of Zep 1 through 4?

I really don’t want to splurge on the Classic Records pressings.

I'd actually seek out a couple of the deluxe versions for the bonus material, LZ S/T and Coda in particular.
In hindsight, yeah there are a few that have worthwhile bonus stuff. III and Phys Graffitti come to mind with the alternate takes, and I think III was the one with king of the highway and jennings farms blues? PG had that brandy and coke version of trampled underfoot, I really liked that. and I think coda had that 10 carrot pod song? (or prescence? I remember coda being kind of a slog). Most of the demos and alternate/rough mixes are pretty forgettable IMO but III was the one that I found most interesting. LZ I was the deluxe I thought was weakest -- just a live show (when they were young and really had the fire, so it's still great,) but nothing revelatory about the songs or the process of getting the album to where it wound up.

Any POV's on the best current pressings of the LZ catalog? I picked up most of mine used and listened to LZ1 yesterday...was not good. Would love to upgrade. Thoughts?
I’m gonna sell a batch of the deluxe editions of Zep 1 through 4 . Just a heads up if interested

I’m gonna sell a batch of the deluxe editions of Zep 1 through 4 . Just a heads up if interested
oh my. I ended up picking up I, II & HoH in the standard editions but this is the type of offer that tempts me mightily despite all logic. DM me. :)

On this date in 1975, #LedZeppelin were enjoying a six-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Physical Graffiti’ the group's fourth US No.1 album. On its first day of release in the US, the album shipped a million copies – no other album in the history of Atlantic records had generated so many sales. ‘Physical Graffiti’ has now been certified 16 times Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for US sales in excess of 16 million copies.

Back