Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

collage (75).jpeg

I've listened to a lot of music this week. All of MARINA's discography, such great pop albums. Some German Punk Rock by Die Toten Hosen, some Prince. St. Vincent is a real grower, I've picked her album up on vinyl now. It's getting stronger with each listening, similiar to the recent Lana album or The Weather Station or Claud (for me).

Of new releases I've enjoyed Erika de Casier, Red Fang (great Rock/Metal album), Slayyyter, Garbage, Easy Life and Solomun.
Interesting albums by Jorja Chalmers, Perturbator and Balkan Taksim.

Week 24 recap:

2021Week24.jpeg

Breakdown
Slayyyter slaps, as does the CHAI record now that I have listened multiple times to each. Mammoth WVH was trash. Got around to the Red Fang LP thanks to recommendation from @Bluecloud777; good stuff for the stoner rock/metal crowd. MARINA was good, but not great. Japanese Breakfast is still a delight.

Got around to the Red Fang LP thanks to recommendation from @Bluecloud777; good stuff for the stoner rock/metal crowd.
I'm glad you're enjoying that album. I like to add that I've seen many people on various sites disliking the mastering done for it on vinyl. Most say it lacks dynamic and sounds really thin. The problem seems to exist for all pressings. I was thinking about picking this up on vinyl, but I guess I'll pass. Great album though.

My week in music

collage (76).jpeg

I've been listening to a lot of music this week. Some new releases and revisiting albums from Q2. Of new releases I'm actually enjoying the Marshmello album and Angelique Kidjo. Slayyyter is really good. Black Midi finally clicks. The Matt Berry, Adrian Crowley and Bachelor album have been great re- listens. Will try to listen to as many Q2 releases again as I can the next days so I can create my topster for the Best of 2021 thread.

Week 25 recap:

2021Week25.jpg

Breakdown
Nothing particularly catching my ear from last week's drops. Revisiting Jane Weaver's Flock was the most rewarding retread of the year so far; it will be placing high on my 2021 collage by the end of Q2. Will be spending the next week revisiting Q2 releases and reevaluating them.

My week:
collage (19).jpeg

A really good week for new music. I didn't expect the new Modest Mouse to grab me like it has; after 5 listens I'm still wavering between B-plus and B-minus, but it's definitely their best in 17 years (dare I say best in 21?!?). New Tyler is great, new Sault is great. Faye Webster is a vibe.

Back