Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

View attachment 99225

I've listened a lot to the 6 Vinyl Greatest Hits Set "Histoires de" Mylene Farmer, which I've received some days ago (ordered in April). She's one of my absolute favorite female artists. Her music is some French Electropop. Really great melodies and I never get tired of any of her songs. First 2 vinyls of this set are live versions of her earlier singles, the other 4 present studio versions. 52 songs in total. I think that maybe also @Rip_City and @Fleetwood-Matt may enjoy some of her music.

Apart from this I didn't spin a lot of vinyl this week. New releases had been very strong. I've enjoyed the new Weezer album, Bebe Rexha whose songs partly remind me of Britney Spears, Ashe, Hooverphonic, Alfie Templeman, but also Ice Age and Squid. The Tortusa album offers some great instrumental music. Apart from this I've listened to some Snoop Dogg.

I'll definitely be sure to check them out this weekend!

I'll definitely be sure to check them out this weekend!
For the first 16 songs on the Mylene Farmer compilation "Histores de" which are live versions I'd recommend looking up the studio versions. The live versions are mostly okay, but the studio versions are mostly a lot better in my opinion. :)

My week in music

collage (70).jpeg

Again not a week with many vinyl spins, but I will soon listen to more vinyl again.
My most listened to album this week is "Nacht" by Elif. She's a female artist with Turkish roots singing in German who I've got to know about this week. Her lyrics mostly are about how difficult life is for people torn between the conservative and religious inspired world view of their parents and modern liberal life. I'm enjoying her songs.

Of new releases I've really liked the Sons of Kemet album, Matt Berry and the Kira Skov release. A bit torn about the new St. Vincent album. It's not bad, but I've loved her previous two albums more. Maybe it'll grow on me. The Jorja Smith and Black Keys releases are good. Basic Rhythm got a cool electronic album.

Week 20 recap:

2021Week20.jpg

Breakdown
I'm going to be playing this Squid album for months to come, even if it might annoy some people along the way. Annie Clark's latest is clicking with me far more after a third run. Can't say the same for Olivia Rodrigo, on first impression. I love seeing CHANCE デラソール dropping another project in the first half of the year; they have been on a tear with these plunderphonics jams! Also an interesting listen regarding Giant Claw's experimental/avant-garde drop. Very pop-centered overall!

My week

DFACA02B-D75F-4BDD-946D-505A6AC20B2B.jpeg

The excellent new release from CHAI is my most played album of the week. The new Squid album is good too. I've also finally jumped aboard the Dua Lipa train. Alphabetical artists continue with The Beatles and Beck. And there are two albums here I got from Record Safari ... El Perro Del Mar and Tony Orlando & Dawn

Week 21 recap:

2021Week21.jpeg

Breakdown
Revisited both PJ Harvey's Uh Huh Her and Arooj Aftab's Vulture Prince and enjoyed both much more on the third go-around. Adding the latter to my top50 chart. AUDREY NUNA dropped a cool trap/R&B project this past week; enjoying that one, too. Bfly's RotM is wonderful. Other than that, I've been slippin'.

collage (20).jpeg

Listened to some new and old favorites this week. Trying to decide between grabbing Ashby or the Doors was an easy decision as I got bored half way through The Doors. Looking forward to spinning the Ashby album when it comes in. The new Mereba is really enjoyable too, feels like a good mix of her acoustic debut and hip hop leaning second album. It's criminal none of her albums are available on wax.

Back