Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

collage (82).jpeg

I haven't listened to much music this week. T. Griffin, Alessandro Cortini and Laura Masotto are also great to listen to when reading.

Amythyst Kiah has a very good album. I also enjoy Slut and Snapped Ankles. Still way behind with checking out new releases. The Chromatica vinyl sounds great.

The upcoming next 2 weeks we'll be on a holiday trip to Switzerland by car, so no vinyl spins for me during that time.

Week 28 recap:

2021Week28.jpg

Breakdown
Listening to a few new releases, and spinning a few. Of what's listed, I'm really digging Half Waif, Les Filles De Illighadad, and the Yves Tumor EP. Arushi Jain's LP is also a solid ambient/drone record, very meditative and perhaps spiritual. The new Tkay Maidza EP isn't nearly as good as her previous, but that is a difficult ask considering how excellent it was. Been in a kinda art pop mood this week, as Stereolab would indicate!

Week 29 recap:

2021Week29.jpeg

Breakdown
A mixture of new releases and some vinyl spins! Embarrassingly, I listened to Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures and Gang of Four's Entertainment! for the first time last night and enjoyed what I heard. I will be diving into more of the history of post-punk in the weeks to come. As for this year, I really enjoyed the Soda Blonde and Hollie Kenniff releases; both likely to be personal Q3 best-of inclusions. I'm getting close to Pavement clicking, still requiring more listens.

My week

Screenshot_20210726-044841_Chrome.jpg

Alot of the same stuff as normally for me, but that new Brandi Carlile single is seriously amazing and may be my SOTY! Also I always forget about that Clipse album which is a shame because its fucking awesome

Week 29 recap:

2021Week29.jpg

Breakdown
Been lazy with music discovery over the past week (arguably two weeks ago). Mostly been jamming with N&G fam in the JQBX ❤️

I've enjoyed the few tracks I've heard from the new Eilish record, and still very much enthralled with L'Rain. Not much else to say, but I have some time to listen to past weeks' plus today's drops for the next few days.

Last edited:
Back