Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

collage (73).jpeg

I've been listening to lots of PJ Harvey this week, really good albums.
I'm a bit behind with listening to the new releases. I've liked parts of the Kele album and Black Midi. Mustafa's RnB is interesting, also to listen to the classic Moby songs in a new form. The Sleaford Mods album from earlier this year is growing on me, very catchy tunes and I like their strong British accent. Maybe I pick that one up on vinyl later the year. I've been listening to Bush again for the first time since ages.
Apart from that some classics and favorites.

My week in music

collage (74).jpeg

I've been enjoying the new album by Japanese Breakfast a lot. Also the Squid album is really good and gets better with every listening. Greentea Peng, Gary Lounis, Tristen and also James have been enjoyable. I like Vampire Weekend's Rostam's new album more than his previous album. I've also liked the Skeggs album from earlier this year.

I have some commentary this week. So The Who and the Kinks are because of a podcast. I’m listening to Rock N Roll Archeology and they covered the Mod era through those two bands. The next episode was Star and they played a bit fo Otis! which lead to Watch the Throne and Kanye. De La was celebratory over the new label and hope that we could see things be more available.

Week 23 recap:

2021Week23.png

Breakdown
Really enjoying this Japanese Breakfast album; same with Loraine James!!!! Both likely entries for my top40 chart this month. Also enjoying the Greentea Peng album quite a lot, and I'm glad I got to try the Khalab record. Might be listening to less new stuff in preparation for revisiting everything that I've enjoyed and reevaluating my favorites. Some vinyl spins and other listens otherwise.

Back