Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

collage (77).jpeg

A week I've listened to many releases of 2021 again. Thanks a lot to @Rip_City for reminding me of that great Jane Weever album. Of relatively new releases I've enjoyed Greentea Peng, Amythyst Kiah and Erika de Casier most. Still Corners on Vinyl sounds brilliant, very good pressing on black vinyl.

My June

collage (78).jpeg

Q2

collage (79).jpeg

First half of 2021

collage (80).jpeg

June recap:

June2021.jpg

Q2 recap:

2021Q2.jpg

First half recap:

2021H1.jpg

The progression of my listening habits are rather interesting, and Squid ended up dominating my listening from the moment their debut full-length dropped in early May. It's nice to see that 4 of my top5 are in all of these collages (aside from Promises, obviously still a phenomenal record). Replayed Slayyyter's debut album a few times in the past month, so she's visible in all of these for that reason.

Last edited:
My week in music

collage (81).jpeg

This week I've been listening a lot to the Peter Doherty related bands, Babyshambles and The Libertines. He's among my favorite artists.
I'm way behind catching up with new releases. Of recent releases I've enjoyed Ours, Desperate Journalist, The Go! Team and Deap Vally. I'm not yet sure what to think of the Faye Webster album. I need to listen to it more. I did like the instrumental sections most on my first listen.

Week 27 recap:

2021Week27.jpg

Breakdown
Quiet week of listening, especially for newer releases. As an ambient fan, I really really reaaallllly enjoyed that Perila record. Very meditative, yet...disturbing. Thinking that'll get a spot on my Q3 chart. Same with the L'Rain and Spellling record, with the former being an enchanting, cacophonous, kaleidoscopic and yet breathtaking half-hour journey. Just don't take my Squid away from me! 🦑

Back