Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Week 36 recap:

2021Week36.jpg

Breakdown
It took several full plays, but this new Low album (the first of theirs that I have heard) is pretty incredible; love the ambient shoegaze textures and noise pop sounds across the album. The album from Park Hye Jin, while enjoyable in segments, was way different than I expected and I can't help but feel disappointed with the debut, in terms of consistency. Enjoyed the Baby Keem album well enough. Kacey Musgraves's newest is boring and drab...couldn't differentiate any songs from others, nor did any grab my attention while working. Just listened to the Amyl and the Sniffers LP on a walk and it is quite fun and crackling with energy, will give this one a few more plays this month. Good follow up from Ka, as well.

My week

Screenshot_20210920-102052_Chrome.jpg

Lots of spins again this week and thankfully I got new headphones so I can still stream lol! First listen to montero was enjoyable but I def gotta spend more time with it. I'm preparing now for firefly so the majority of my streams will be for artists I'll be seeing there (thus Nelly at #1 this week)

Week 37 recap:

2021Week37.jpg

Breakdown
Getting this in just before Friday ends.
Sunday's concert with Kelly Lee Owens was so fun! Got my records signed and lined up early enough to get front row to the action. Jenevieve's record is an enjoyable one with a slew of neo-soul/contemporary R&B jams. Pretty confident in Low's HEY WHAT being a top10 record of the year at the moment; an absolute shining star of a record. Found the HOMESHAKE record to be a bit dull and too lowkey. However, the Nala Sinephro listen today was fabulous...an ambient jazz odyssey that is serene and lovely. Feel even stronger about Mythopoetics, too; art pop has had a stellar year. To close it off, some Arooj Aftab in preparation for her concert on this upcoming Sunday night! 🔥

Last edited:
My week

collage (94).jpeg
I've been spinning some vinyl records, and been listening to some records listened in the Funk/Soul threat. I've enjoyed The Budos Band and The Tibbs. Of newer releases I've liked the Lorde album and the Orla Gartland album. Still way behind with listening to new releases, have to make that a priority for the next days.

My week

20210927_123611.jpg

All of my streaming this week was mainly spent in my Firefly festival playlist (idk if y'all know this, but I got front row for Caroline Polachek) so alot of artists got a handful of plays. None of them could over take the random obsession with Folklore from the beginning of the week though.

Back