Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Week 32 recap:

2021Week32.jpg

Breakdown
Mostly vinyl spins; not too much new listening. But of those new listens, Emma-Jean Thackray ended up being a surprising, dazzling highlight! Enjoyed Tinashe's new one as well. Wasn't too much into the Bnny record, and the not pictured Lorde record. Deafheaven's newest could be a grower...was better than I thought it would be on first impression.

According to last.fm which is accurate, I only listened to 464 songs this week, which is extremely low for me. Work has been kicking my ass. Sturgill is a full quarter of that.
8433F6AF-D226-4CCE-8B78-3AD7BDAB1D7F.jpeg
also, I don’t know what the fuck is up with the last.fm and Discogs interface but that Watchhouse shit is gonna drive me bananas. I guess it reverts from the ANV and it’s scrobbles the vinyl as Mandolin Orange.

Last edited:
Week 33 recap:

2021Week33.jpg

Breakdown
No surprise that I would enjoy Boldy James's most recent collab with The Alchemist; I loved The Price of Tea in China from last year. Also enjoyed the Colors sequel from Between the Buried and Me, but didn't quite love...felt long-winded at times. Nice to see Aaliyah's music brought to streaming platforms as well. Copious vinyl spins otherwise.

A solid week with some faves from this year and some classics. I really can listen to Hiss Golden Messenger every day, just the prefect voice for these times. The new Web Web I wish I would have known about, kinda perfect. I really would like to grab more Dent May too, just something that really gave me. So fun, and so easy.

D9A28449-E439-4184-9BFC-F1CF514A6CA6.png

A solid week with some faves from this year and some classics. I really can listen to Hiss Golden Messenger every day, just the prefect voice for these times. The new Web Web I wish I would have known about, kinda perfect. I really would like to grab more Dent May too, just something that really gave me. So fun, and so easy.

View attachment 110232

All of Dent's albums are great but that one is my favorite

My week

20210830_133703.jpg

Let down by the new Cartel Madras project, not bad but lost alot of the spark I loved about their 2019 ep. Halsey on the other hand really lived up to the hype! Definitely see that being a album i keep coming back to

Also Heartbreaker has been stuck in my head for a bit now but of course my mind always reverts it to this

Last edited:
Back