Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

2021-10-23-3x3.jpg

My 3x3 for this past week.

SPINS: Fresh grab from Cherry Pickles

STREAMS: New Friday releases from Parquet Courts, Circuit des Yeux, Ouri, Together Pangea, La Luz, Herbert, Soley, and Mess Esque (highlight of a big week so far)

Such a stacked week of new releases, there is still plenty that I haven't gotten to yet.... :)

My week in music

collage (98).jpeg

Music I've listened to while having the second week of vacation in Gdansk, Poland. I've enjoyed the new Lana album, and have listened to some of her older ones plus some Kate Bush albums recently. The Magdalena Bay and Coeur de Pirate albums had been enjoyable.
I'm back in Düsseldorf now, so finally will spin vinyl again the next days.

My week:
5EC14D7D-434C-428C-BF42-4B3D1620D0B8.jpeg
Anthology is because I’m giving the Spot book a go.
Isakov - bandbox. Brandi still hogging the table. Foos spill over from an obsessed week or two. Floyd was a wind down spin. The kid REALLY likes Jack. Watched a documentary about England’s love affair with Nirvana. Pitchfork. Monophonics always hogging the table.

Week 42 recap:

2021Week42.jpg

Breakdown
Lots of new! Boldy James show from Tuesday was hype, and reinforced my praise for Bo Jackson and The Price of Tea in China. Definitely a fan of the new Circuit Des Yeux, Marissa Nadler (as expected), Maxo Cream, and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu albums. Enjoyed the newest Lana Del Rey much more than Chemtrails... and the other recent spoken poetry album. Mixed feelings on JPEGMAFIA, Helado Negro, Atmosphere, and La Luz. Sadly, I found Hand Habits (Meg Duffy) newest effort to be bland and uninteresting. Listened to Laurie Anderson's Big Science in full for the first time two weeks ago and fell in love, which explains why I view the Lost Girls album from this year so highly. Some other favorites from this year otherwise.

My week in music

collage (99).jpeg

I've been catching up with some of September 's new releases I still needed to check out. I've enjoyed the albums by Yebba, Soccer 96, The Grouch & Eligh, Tori Amos, Alexis Taylor, Gift of Gab, Poppy, The Vaccines. Good albums also by Die Ärzte, Badflower, Colleen Green and Sneaker Pimps. Apart from that I've been listening to a lot of unreleased songs by Lana Del Rey. Over the years she has recorded so much, and I like most of it.

Back