Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week

collage (91).jpeg

Breakdown
I'm really enjoying the new Halsey album. It caught me by surprise how good it is. I'm also enjoying most of "Donda". The Turnstile album is pretty good too. Also Jake Bugg's recent release though it's a bit more pop than Indie Rock. Also the CHVRCHES album is enjoyable, I need to listen to it more though. Apart from that mostly new and old favorites.

Week 34 recap:

2021Week34.jpg

Breakdown
Little Simz dropped one of the best albums of the year!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I have it a spot in my Tier I on the first listen alone; rap/hip-hop AotY so far. This new release by Halsey is the first that I've been satisfied with of theirs as a full-length project...but their voice remains the least enjoyable aspect of the music (in line with the previous albums/EPs). Turnstile's GLOW ON is the first album I've heard from the band, and was enjoyable. Same for Orla Gartland and Madi Diaz, good art pop and singer/songwriter efforts, respectively. Some other vinyl spins, as well.

Last edited:
Week 34 recap:

View attachment 111038

Breakdown
Little Simz dropped on of the best albums of the year!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I have it a spot in my Tier I on the first listen alone; rap/hip-hop AotY so far.
Waiting for my Little Simz Vinyl to arrive, 2 more weeks though. Will wait with listening till I have it. Your review of the album makes me very excited for it :)

Week 35 recap:

2021Week35.jpg

Breakdown
Listened to the Men I Trust record a few times; it feels like an album that should click immediately with me, but it hasn't happened yet. Jana Rush's footwork/electronic album was interesting, but not quite a favorite. Falling a bit behind on the new listening again. Lots of vinyl spinning, in line with the past few months.

My week in music

collage (92).jpeg

I'm one day late too. Lots of vinyl spinning. Of new releases I've enjoyed Soda Blonde. Jungle is nice too. The Oscar Lang album is also enjoyable. Cavs have some good record if you enjoy instrumental drumming. Very rhythmic. I'm also falling behind with new releases and need to make that a priority the last weeks of September, so I can form some Q3 favorites list.

Back