Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Week 30 recap:

2021Week30.jpg

Breakdown
Getting behind on new releases once again. However, I enjoyed the new Lingua Ignota (though not nearly as much as CALIGULA), and post-punk/art punk band Horsey. The L Devine EP has some fun bops, if a bit unoriginal. Finally listened to Clairo, and I was mostly bored with this new album of hers. Vinyl spins and late night listening to favorites aside from that, 2021 or otherwise.

My week in music

collage (87).jpeg

Breakdown
Of new releases, the Billie Eilish album is fabulous and also sounds fantastic on vinyl. Molly Burch has a good pop record out. I've enjoyed it, and also the Gavin Turek album, in which she offers a great mixture of RnB, Soul and Funk. The Tinashe album is a solid pop album. I've enjoyed the Christone "Kingfish" Ingram album too, which mostly mixes classic rock and blues, very well done. Lingua Ignota is very fascinating, I've listened a lot to the album the recent 2 days. The Joel Culpepper album is very good too, also some Funk/Soul/RnB. Also Leon Bridges is enjoyable. Couldn't really access Emma Jean Thackray on first listen, need to check that one out more, same goes for Anika.

So overall a week with lots of interesting album discoveries for me and some favorites from this year.

Week 31 recap:

2021Week31.jpg

Breakdown
Got around to lots and lots of vinyl spins during the nighttime; while many are pictured here, several others have too few songs on the album to be listed! As for new(ish) listening, Lingua Ignota's newest has clicked with me almost entirely, and some of the tracks I had reservations about in the back half of SINNER GET READY have been rewarding upon the 4th/5th listen. Top5 for me at this point. Also, I found the Yola record to be a delight; I trust there is more country-soul in this style out there? Lastly, even though it is not pictured, Gemma Cullingford's Let Me Speak is a delightful hybrid of UK Bass. synthpop, and elements of post-punk; should also be likely to make my top40 upon the next iteration.

Back