Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Week 17 recap:

2021Week17.jpg

Breakdown
Really falling behind with new listening. The Anna Fox Rochinski and Spectral Wound LPs; fun/quirky art pop and a solid offering of black metal, respecitvely. Eomac is decent techno, but unsure about it being a Q2 favorite...same with Arooj Aftab, as it felt perhaps too sterile. The Kero Kero Bonito offering is really fun and bouncy! However, Field Music did not click whatsoever. Spun a couple of records too, also something I haven't been doing a lot lately.

April

Screenshot_20210501-134826_Chrome.jpg

It's bad that an album that literally came out yesterday was the album I listened to the most lol. But this month was mainly me listening to alot of different albums but only once each

Edit: scratch that, if you put the 2 donna summers together she is at #1

Last edited:
Week 18 recap:

2021Week18.jpg

Breakdown
Lots of vinyl listening for May's no buy vinyl challenge, which unfortunately means no purchases for me today :(
Yeah...this London Grammar album is turning into a love ❤️ for me! I can't stop playing this album...almost assuredly a top50 entry by year's end! The underscores album also has grown on me significantly, and I have it currently in my aforementioned top50 for this year for now. Rhiannon Giddens, Leon Vynehall, and Cory Hanson all have been enjoyable listening experiences. Been a great week for discovery and rediscovery!

My week...

7A8111B5-39C2-4266-A022-1ED755F85F8D.jpeg

Some random stuff, and more alphabetical artists. Finishing up Beastie Boys then moving on to a little known band from Liverpool, and then Beck, which will take awhile. The Risa Potter album is one I got from Record Safari's record club and it's from the 70's... Some nice mellow folk but it's not streaming on Spotify.

My week in music

collage (69).jpeg

I've listened a lot to the 6 Vinyl Greatest Hits Set "Histoires de" Mylene Farmer, which I've received some days ago (ordered in April). She's one of my absolute favorite female artists. Her music is some French Electropop. Really great melodies and I never get tired of any of her songs. First 2 vinyls of this set are live versions of her earlier singles, the other 4 present studio versions. 52 songs in total. I think that maybe also @Rip_City and @Fleetwood-Matt may enjoy some of her music.

Apart from this I didn't spin a lot of vinyl this week. New releases had been very strong. I've enjoyed the new Weezer album, Bebe Rexha whose songs partly remind me of Britney Spears, Ashe, Hooverphonic, Alfie Templeman, but also Ice Age and Squid. The Tortusa album offers some great instrumental music. Apart from this I've listened to some Snoop Dogg.

Week 19 recap:

2021Week19.jpeg

Breakdown
SQUID!!! 🦑🦑🦑 So good. Maybe this is the year of renaissance for post-punk; I'm all for it. Can't wait to see how this goes down in concert live in November!
Enjoyed the dodie and McKinley Dixon records as well. Trying to enjoy these other post-punk records (Dry Cleaning and Iceage) but not finding quite the same level of enjoyment from them. Bought a ticket to Madison Cunningham's concert in Portland; loved the single I heard! Been a good week and looking to be a stacked week to kick off Friday!

Back