Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week

20210322_131357.jpg

Because I woke up super early last monday and over slept today, alot of plays got cut off so I had to make this on topster. I was gonna do a 5x5 but I ain't go time to make that by hand lol

It's funny for a week I planned to take a bit of a break from music I ended up listening to so much! So many great albums just outside of my top 9! And I thought lana would have an easy win with releasing a new album but she faced stiff competition from old favs and genesis Owusu

My week

collage (55).jpeg

Lots of listening to music this week. Lots of great new releases. I'm enjoying the new Lana Del Rey album a lot and think it's a grower. The Justin Bieber album got some good songs on it. William Doyle, Black Honey, Nitin Sawhney, Alice Phoebe Lou, Middle Kids and Whitehorse have released very good albums.
Apart from that some more streaming and vinyl spinning.

Week 12 recap:

2021Week12.jpg

Breakdown
I'm really coming on to this Black Dresses release more and more with each listen. Despite the abrasive and animalistic nature of the musicianship, it is well-crafted. RURAL INTERNET is also a group that I have my eye on for future releases; a rather explosive/experimental hip hop group that sounds as if you put 100 Gecs/Danny Brown/Crystal Castles all in a blender and were curious about the resulting creation. But really not much else to provide insight into otherwise; some random listens and revisiting some of my strongest considerations for my favorites of Q1 for 2021.

My week in music

collage (58).jpeg

Lots of interesting releases this week. I've enjoyed Noga Erez, Skeggs, Evanescence, 24KGoldn, Death from above 1979, Tortusa and El Michels Affair. A bit mixed feelings about serpentwithfeet and L'Imperatrice. Genesis Owusu is a grower. It's getting stronger with each listen.

Apart from that some great vinyl spins like Tom Petty, Jack Ladder, Nap Eyes, Orville Peck, Jen Cloher and Aldous Harding.

My March

collage (59).jpeg

My Q1 tap

collage (60).jpeg

The Top 4 are really close.

Back