Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week

collage (61).jpeg

My favorite recent new releases this week have been the Iglooghost album (some experimental electronica) , the Tuns record (Indie Rock), La Femme (French New Wave/Psych Post Punk), Demi Lovato (pop) and Du Blonde (glam punk).

Apart from that I've listened a lot to Twentyone Pilots, Middle Kids and Years & Years this week, among other vinyl spins.

Week 14 recap:

2021Week14.jpg

Breakdown
Lost Girls. HELL YES. Played this album seven times during my workweek...incredible, transcendent stuff. @Bluecloud777, I'm sure you're gonna love this one, if you haven't listened already ;). The self-titled release of CHANCE デラソウル has also been an enjoyable highlight of this early quarter; high recommendation for fans of Avalanches. Otherwise, still acclimating to Underscores, KANGA, and Tune-Yards. Some other favorites of this year sprinkled in, of course.

My week in music

collage (62).jpeg

I've been listening a lot to music this week. Thanks to @Rip_City for recommending Lostgirls. They don't appear in my tap yet as the album has few tracks, but it's a very good album and I will listen to it more often.

I actually wanted to check out Taylor Swift's re-recorded "Fearless" album, but turned out to listen a lot to "Folklore" this week. That album is so good, I also like to recommend it to @Fleetwood-Matt again as it gives me a lot of Lana del Rey vibes too and I'm sure you really would enjoy it.

I haven't yet checked out as many new releases this week as I wanted to. I've enjoyed the Brockhamptom album, also the Nick Waterhouse album which sounds like some soul from the 50s and 60s. Not my common cup of tea, but I think it's done well and clicks with me. Ballake Sissoko has some interesting sounds from Mali.

Apart from some vinyl spins, I've enjoyed listening a lot to Patti Smith. Also to some (mostly) instrumental albums like Jeremiah Fraites, Robohands, Ezra Collective

My week in music

View attachment 95690

I've been listening a lot to music this week. Thanks to @Rip_City for recommending Lostgirls. They don't appear in my tap yet as the album has few tracks, but it's a very good album and I will listen to it more often.

I actually wanted to check out Taylor Swift's re-recorded "Fearless" album, but turned out to listen a lot to "Folklore" this week. That album is so good, I also like to recommend it to @Fleetwood-Matt again as it gives me a lot of Lana del Rey vibes too and I'm sure you really would enjoy it.

I haven't yet checked out as many new releases this week as I wanted to. I've enjoyed the Brockhamptom album, also the Nick Waterhouse album which sounds like some soul from the 50s and 60s. Not my common cup of tea, but I think it's done well and clicks with me. Ballake Sissoko has some interesting sounds from Mali.

Apart from some vinyl spins, I've enjoyed listening a lot to Patti Smith. Also to some (mostly) instrumental albums like Jeremiah Fraites, Robohands, Ezra Collective

I actually think it is a wonderful album, I would honestly give it a 9/10. Just my bias against her is a little too strong so it's hard for me to listen to it lol. When I push that aside and focus on the music it's a fantastic hour!

My week in music

collage (64).jpeg

Breakdown
I've listened a lot to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this week, he's such a great artist, so several of his albums are in my tap.

Of recent releases I've enjoyed Caoilfhionn Rose, Francoiz Breut, London Grammar, Saccades, Winds and Ed Cosens. Also some mostly instrumental albums by Clark, Pauline Anne Strom, Carm and Andy Stott. Apart from that some classic vinyl spins and multiple checkouts.

Missed a week of Topsters contribution due to forgetfulness and birthday weekend, so I have now returned.

Week 16 recap:

2021Week16.jpg

Breakdown
London Grammar's most recent album is a very beautiful set of art pop tracks that fits the mold of what I dig about the subgenre; almost certain to be a favorite of Q2. Loving the Basside EP with posthumous production by the incredible SOPHIE. Gallant's Neptune EP has been on repeat the past few weeks still. Everything else below Nick Hakim has been just 3 tracks or so each, so still pretty scant on entire album listening this past week. My workweek starts back up today so I'll be able to add more to my listening log very soon.

Missed a week of Topsters contribution due to forgetfulness and birthday weekend, so I have now returned.

Week 16 recap:

View attachment 96633

Breakdown
London Grammar's most recent album is a very beautiful set of art pop tracks that fits the mold of what I dig about the subgenre; almost certain to be a favorite of Q2. Loving the Basside EP with posthumous production by the incredible SOPHIE. Gallant's Neptune EP has been on repeat the past few weeks still. Everything else below Nick Hakim has been just 3 tracks or so each, so still pretty scant on entire album listening this past week. My workweek starts back up today so I'll be able to add more to my listening log very soon.
Have a great late Happy Birthday wish from me @Rip_City :)
I wasn't checking profile messages much the recent days due to being busy so I've missed it. I'm always happy to see your recommendations and listening history/taps ❤️

My week in music

collage (65).jpeg

This week I've got the Gnostic Gorilla album "Hide the ghost" on vinyl. I've listened to it a lot. It's a great energetic mix of Industrial Metal, Dark Wave and Goth. It inspired me to listen again to a few Nine Inch Nails albums this week, and also to explore the genre of Industrial further in the future as I enjoy electronic music. One interesting artist I found this week was Skold.
Apart from that I've enjoyed the new releases by Sir Sly, Art D' Ecco, Dinosaur Jr, Charlotte Cardin, Son Lux and Field Music. All good albums.

Back