Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Last week:

DecemberWeek3.jpg

Breakdown
How to explain this week's pleasures?!?!? I suppose I've been gravitating to releases from this year, with a few N&G RotM favorites. A.A. Williams is a new discovery and is criminally underrated...a mixture of this brooding singer/songwriter mystique with post-rock instrumentation. I will have my ear out for any future projects she has in store. I got around to the Armand Hammer album very late and found it striking. It very likely could have been a Tier II entry had I been more on top of hip-hop releases from this year. Getting a bit deeper into Broadcast and enjoying the phenomenal There is Love in You reissue. A bit off topic, but I finally entered the JQBX room and I am enjoying the atmosphere and the regulars!

My week

20201221_115106.jpg

Edit* And as of now my official Madonna discography ranking is

1. Like a Virgin
2. Madonna
3. Like a Prayer

Which is a huge shock to me. I expected virgin and prayer to be swapped but the playfulness and tongue in cheek nature of virgin is just too much fun to resist

Last edited:
Getting this up just in time!

Last week:
DecemberWeek4.jpg

Breakdown
Thanks to DownIsTheNewUp (not tagging him as he is not active in this thread), Tei Shi is a new fave artist! I am obsessed with her debut Crawl Space. Additionally, he asked me an opinion on this Lauren Bousfield LP and...this one will take a while to fully appreciate, though I do think the glitchy, mach speed electronic textures are imaginative. Noga Erez is another recommendation from last week that was interesting yet different, though I think this will take far less time to click. Lots of other female faves from the recent years, too. ;)

Back