Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Alright. I'm doing this again. Hopefully I'll be consistent about it and post every Monday which is my first day off most normal workweeks, although I am on call for this month.

Last week:

1607329478478.png

Breakdown
You will notice that this chart is devoid of Christmas music for the first week of December; expect that to continue. Not many full albums played, except for ones I have chosen for this month's challenge thread. A few tracks here and there otherwise. Really loving Ana Roxanne's full length debut LP, after being smitten with her mini album from last year. Sevdaliza gets a spot on my year end list.
Recently, Dtknuckles made a post in the Ambient / Noise / Lowercase / Field Recordings / etc. thread about a record subscription (Outer Sounds) that had just initiated in October this year. The selections closely mirror the curation of Musique Plastique, and so it is something for me to consider. I have tried a few records from their sample tastes, and I especially enjoyed the Roberto Cacciapaglia record...so unique.

Last edited:
Alright. I'm doing this again. Hopefully I'll be consistent about it and post every Monday which is my first day off most normal workweeks, although I am on call for this month.

Last week:

View attachment 79198

Breakdown
You will notice that this chart is devoid of Christmas music for the first week of December; expect that to continue. Not many full albums played, except for ones I have chosen for this month's challenge thread. A few tracks here and there otherwise. Really loving Ana Roxanne's full length debut LP, after being smitten with her mini album from last year. Sevdaliza gets a spot on my year end list.
Recently, Dtknuckles made a post in the Ambient / Noise / Lowercase / Field Recordings / etc. thread about a record subscription (Outer Sounds) that had just initiated in October this year. The selections closely mirror the curation of Musique Plastique, and so it is something for me to consider. I have tried a few records from their sample tastes, and I especially enjoyed the Roberto Cacciapaglia record...so unique.
I love that you're posting here again and hope you'll continue to. I always enjoy having a look at your music choices and to sometimes discover new artists/ albums :)

The new Lee Fields is probably my favorite of his to listen to. Finnigan always gets a lot of spins, but this is plain ridiculous. Lots of other favorite Christmas!!! The Frank Jacket was on Pop Matters best Americana and I love it - Chilean Country music for the win. Daptone’s for life!!! Low places!

Is scrobbling down for anybody else, or is it just me? I was able to log an album that I listened to on vinyl yesterday but that's the last thing that's come through. My wife and I went out to run some errands and none of the songs I streamed in the car have shown up yet.

Is scrobbling down for anybody else, or is it just me? I was able to log an album that I listened to on vinyl yesterday but that's the last thing that's come through. My wife and I went out to run some errands and none of the songs I streamed in the car have shown up yet.

I just used Discogs to scrobble an album played from work ~5 min ago and all of its tracks showed up immediately.

Last week:

topsters2 (1).jpg

Breakdown
Yes, I know what I said about Christmas albums on collages for this month from last week...I was decorating the tree with my father and put the A Charlie Brown Christmas on while doing so. Kind of a hodgepodge week otherwise...perhaps with an unintended emphasis on pop? I listened to The Lonesome Crowded West once each day of the workweek to remind myself that not only do I love the album, but as a welcome back to work after taking vacation last week. I have to say, that Gabe (G.S.) Schray record from last year is quite a pleasant ambient/experimental journey. Windswept Adan is very much the same way, with more grace and elegance.

EDIT: I'm realizing now that I have to download the chart manually each time LOL. Dragging the chart from another window to the text bar in N&G just links to my chart that auto updates. So, this one will be ever-changing. Leeson learned!

EDIT2: Decided I couldn't take it anymore LOL so I constructed the chart above in Topsters2. Here is a rough 4x4 estimate of what the week's listening was.

Last edited:
Back