Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

collage (44).jpeg

I've enjoyed to listen to the new releases of Midnight Sister, Sleaford Mods and Daniel Knox, also Shame and Ashnikko. Interesting albums.

The Stella Donnelly record is really great, it was nice to spin it again.
Also the "You me at Six" and "Why don't we" albums were better than I had expected and quite enjoyable.

Week 3 recap:

2021Week3.jpeg

Breakdown
Some interesting new releases from last week, although I suspect few (if any) will be in my top50 by year's end. I enjoyed the Robohands LP; a brief jazz fusion effort. Still Corners is also a band that had passed me by, their pleasant brand of dream/indie pop is ideal for my tastes. Elori Saxl with an intriguing ambient debut. Besides that, some spins from stacks formed for me this past week.

Week 3 recap:

View attachment 84803

Breakdown
Some interesting new releases from last week, although I suspect few (if any) will be in my top50 by year's end. I enjoyed the Robohands LP; a brief jazz fusion effort. Still Corners is also a band that had passed me by, their pleasant brand of dream/indie pop is ideal for my tastes. Elori Saxl with an intriguing ambient debut. Besides that, some spins from stacks formed for me this past week.
I've listened to Still Corners this morning and also found their album really good, as you say great dream/ indie pop. 🎶
Also, despite it not being in my list, I also liked the Robohands LP.

My week in music

collage (45).jpeg

I've been enjoying the new releases by Still Corners and Kiwi Jr. a lot. Will try to get them on vinyl.
Thanks to @Poly-Rythmo for mentioning Ezra Collective and the Latin Brothers, good albums/artists.
Of new releases I also liked the Jeremiah Fraites instrumental album. The Maggie Lindemann pop release is fine.
I've rediscovered the Jen Clover and Montero album, which both I hadn't spun in a longer time, great records.

Last edited:
My week in music

View attachment 85678

I've been enjoying the new releases by Still Corners and Kiwi Jr. a lot. Will try to get them on vinyl.
Thanks to @Poly-Rythmo for mentioning Ezra Collective and the Latin Brothers, good albums/artists.
Of new releases I also liked the Jeremiah Fraites instrumental album. The Maggie Lindemann pop release is fine.
I've rediscovered the Jen Clover and Montero album, which both I hadn't spun in a longer time, great records.
Have you heard any Fruko y sus Tesos? Fruko is the bassist behind Latin Brothers (not too sure how it worked exactly). His best albums (El Violento, Tesura, El Teso, El Grande) are just superb. And his other spin-off band Wganda Kenya is also ace. (I think Latin Brothers was his/Discos Fuentes' attempt to capitalise on the boom in salsa, and Wganda Kenya the like of Afrobeat but I may be wrong). Generally hard to go wrong with a Discos Fuentes compilation - good ones on Soundway, Vampi Soul and Analog Africa and a reissue of Cumbia Cumbia coming on World Circuit soon. Probably too much info! But I love this stuff...

Have you heard any Fruko y sus Tesos? Fruko is the bassist behind Latin Brothers (not too sure how it worked exactly). His best albums (El Violento, Tesura, El Teso, El Grande) are just superb. And his other spin-off band Wganda Kenya is also ace. (I think Latin Brothers was his/Discos Fuentes' attempt to capitalise on the boom in salsa, and Wganda Kenya the like of Afrobeat but I may be wrong). Generally hard to go wrong with a Discos Fuentes compilation - good ones on Soundway, Vampi Soul and Analog Africa and a reissue of Cumbia Cumbia coming on World Circuit soon. Probably too much info! But I love this stuff...
Thanks a lot for that interesting information. I don't know them yet, but will keep on exploring. 🙂

Week 4 recap:

2021Week4.jpeg

Breakdown
Another solid release week! Still a lot to give attention to during this workweek, but very much enjoyed the few Friday releases before getting some sleep. Celeste is a standout; a candidate to be on my top50 by year's end. Kiwi Jr. bears a nostalgic indie-rock sound...the comparisons to Pavement are palpable. Lastly, some vinyl spins to round out the chart.

January 2021

The Cure’s Thee Imaginary Boys would have made into the top 25 if Jeff Parker were not named different on Spotify.

Frazer and McCraven trounced everything else in a relatively lite music month for me. Been in a Jazz kick.

You have the pro version of last.fm right? I'm surprised you don't edit/fix the duplicate albums before you make one of these grids. That's what I've been doing.

Same with albums with missing artwork. You can add it in last.fm and it will show up from then on.

You have the pro version of last.fm right? I'm surprised you don't edit/fix the duplicate albums before you make one of these grids. That's what I've been doing.

Same with albums with missing artwork. You can add it in last.fm and it will show up from then on.
Yup. I kind of like being able to tell how I listened to something. Might have to look into the whole missing art work but though.

Back