Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My Week:
collage.php

New Willie is so good. I love Harlan and hearing Willie sound like it is the sixties again is outstanding. Let's see what's going on with the rest of this. I'm in the Minutemen chapter of Your Band, so I'm listening to lots of Punk instead of slogging through bad Black Flag anymore, they fell off hard. New Nickel Creek singles expanded again and made the list. Love Sara's vocals on the new track. Hawkins was the next of the artist snippets in How to Listen to Jazz. Obscured became a staple of nap time this week. Spun my lovely orange Waylon a couple of times. Finished the 33 1/3 of Joy Division. Some group called De La that old people like hit Spotify this week.
I just noticed that I’ve been copying the picture recently from the site which evidently creates a live link which changes when my listening changes, which is cool on one hand and on the other means my explanations of the last few have no bearing to the picture displayed. Lol.

My week

E236772C-9FC2-4DA9-88B1-41AC69DAD052.jpeg

Breakdown

Took the pic yesterday just forgot to post lol. Nothing too crazy, besides the top 3 I didn’t really listen to much last week. I’ve been telling my sister how much I love nfr for years; she was a huge fan of Lana before the album but just didn’t listen to it or anything since, we’ll she finally got around to listening to and her falling in love with it and wanting to talk about got me listening to it again and falling in love with it all over again!

My week:AEAF94FA-67EF-477B-8FE3-71E57AB3B87C.jpeg

All votes have been tallied. So, the generator takes over the list again. Beasties was the 33 1/3 podcast. Everlys, Circle Jerks, Lou Reed and Kiwanuka are because of the generator project. War and Treaty are back! One of my favorite albums of the year. Husker Du is because of mentions in the Minutemen chapter of Our Band. Fever Ray was the stereogum album of the week. Madonna was the pitchfork sunday review. I forgot how much I dig this album and we probably should have talked about Madonna a bit more in the great was Beyonce's album innovative argument.

I've also gone back to posting the picture instead of link to lock in the results instead of having a living breathing thing making me look insane.

Week 11 recap:

collage (6).jpeg

Breakdown
This was an interesting (though not necessarily great) week.
My favorite of the newer releases was probably Sleaford Mods, though I wasn't in love with it. Didn't care for the newest by Fever Ray all that much, and Shalom is forgettable. Miley's newest is bland. I'll have to try mui zyu, H. Hawkline, and Daily Bread again...was a bit distracted during those.
I'm a few albums behind on the 1001 Albums Challenge, so I'll to catch up this weekend. Was a joy to hit the forever classic Songs in the Key of Life and Elton's Madman Across the Water.

My grid right now for the week is something, I don't even like two of the top three and while the other one there is not bad, it definitely wouldn't even make the grid if it were not for my weekly playlist.

My week:
D865C3D6-DCBF-43D1-AF8D-2E55DF41F344.jpegI was worried for a minute that the top three would not really represent what I like, lol. The 33 1/3 podcast saved me from that with Donuts. The 1000 recordings book brought me the odd vocales snore fest if Allison Wonderland. U2 decided they also wanted to make a really long soundtrack to naps (actually it’s worse than that but that’s for another conversation). I don’t think I’ve ever listened to M83 before. I don’t care what everyone else’s say there is a lot of Fleet Foxes there and then it’s dance music. It’s weird and stereogum picked it as the album of the week. Buena Vista is the sol visit from the generator. Revisited the entire Nickel Creek catalog (now that I’ve heard the new album, probably should have focused more on Punch Brothers. My wife was listen to the Police. I listened to Regatta for the generator project. Television Personalities was the pitchfork Sunday review. I quite like it. Finally, been in a Def Leppard kick recently, no idea why. This is even before the whole Rick Allen thing happened.

Week 12 summary:

2023Week12.jpg

Breakdown
Some good ones this week. LOVE the new 100 gecs and deathcrash records, both are likely to be top50. Yves Tumor also quite good.
Also listening through the personal 1001 Album Challenge, but haven't posted anything in a long while. I'll try to update over the weekend on the relevant thread. Also played a few of my favorites all time (Things We Lost in the Fire, Confessions on a Dance Floor).

Week 12 summary:

View attachment 170208

Breakdown
Some good ones this week. LOVE the new 100 gecs and deathcrash records, both are likely to be top50. Yves Tumor also quite good.
Also listening through the personal 1001 Album Challenge, but haven't posted anything in a long while. I'll try to update over the weekend on the relevant thread. Also played a few of my favorites all time (Things We Lost in the Fire, Confessions on a Dance Floor).
Just listening to 100 gecs, it's such a fun ride, love it too :)

My Week

chart (5).png

Breakdown

Took the pick on Monday just forgot to post. Pretty weird week for me so I didnt give anything that deep of a listen. Majority of these albums are from the challenge thread! Danny/JPEG are their but i did not pay attention to it at all so i need to give it more time. Gave CRJ's last album a few more tries and I still dont like it much beside the title track sadly. Paramore and Gecs are my favorites of the year so far, but i Cant believe I think Gecs may be my AOTY so far lol

My Week

View attachment 170534

Breakdown

Took the pick on Monday just forgot to post. Pretty weird week for me so I didnt give anything that deep of a listen. Majority of these albums are from the challenge thread! Danny/JPEG are their but i did not pay attention to it at all so i need to give it more time. Gave CRJ's last album a few more tries and I still dont like it much beside the title track sadly. Paramore and Gecs are my favorites of the year so far, but i Cant believe I think Gecs may be my AOTY so far lol

Love that LSD album

Question- is there a good solution for scrobbling Apple Music as you play stuff? The last.fm app only works for things you have downloaded.

Last edited:
Back