Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

With all polls reporting, the associated press is ready to call this week:
collage (1).jpg
Let's see... I am absolutely entranced by the Thomas Bangalter, I'd actually say this is a great starter album for anyone interested in classical music. Nickel Creek still reigns supreme. Love the new Brandee Younger. Petty was the soundtrack to a bunch of tiling this weekend (so was the super deluxe Hotel Foxtrot, if you want an idea of how much some of this got repeated during the week). Still trying to figure out the Angel Bat Dawid. I don't think Caesar ever did anything but played in the background. The Wednesday is okay, I'm not on it like some of y'all are. The only appearance from the generator is from the official and a doozy. I'm also not sure where I fall on the new McLorin Salvant either, but it does have a certain aural spell about it.

My week

EF4E6914-E672-403A-ABD6-CFF363EC9BA2.jpeg

Feeling myself come out of my funk a bit! Everything below bare I pretty much just listened through once, Bare and Kali were obsessions. Kali may be my favorite of the year but not sure. Combine act 1 and 2 of bare and 100 Gecs take the 9th spot

my week:
collage.jpg
Metallica and Bowie completely dominated my listening this week. I like, don't love, the new Metallica - it's a little much. Jam, Cramps, and New York Dolls are all the Generator Project giving my Punk education a little more umph. Bowie would be #3 if the vinyl left off the "The." This was basically a new Bowie album for me and I dearly love it. Elvis soundtracked grouting the kitchen. Gogo Penguin was some nice background music. Roni Size - an old favorite. Dinner Party is quite good.

Week 16
collage (14).jpeg

My week was dominated by listening to Tori Amos, in connection to seeing her live in Hamburg and Frankfurt in the middle of this week, both concerts had been excellent. Apart from that some Mylene Farmer and Christine and the Queens. Mixed feelings on the new Metallica album, it's not bad but feels a bit repetitive to me.

collage (25).jpeg
Not a lot of listening this week. The Alfa Mist, Arms & Sleepers, and Madison McFerrin new releases were all nice. Jean Deaux had some nice tracks too. Listened to Ch. 🍊 with all the FrankChella talk. Mac D is too much to digest in one day, but liked what I heard. Skelathon and Absolutely are just gold standbys when I had no idea what to stream.

Anniversary yesterday means I am posting this late, I believe the only real difference is that Bella should be #2. Will check with what last.fm says when it gives me my report:
1682689524184.jpeg

Quite a bit of generator here. Bella and EBTG are new. Kacey is because of VMP albums finally getting here and me remembering how much I love this record. Still exploring Bowie box. Metallica is a mix of the 33 1/3 podcast and me being in a Metallica discography run through.

Back