Your Fave is Problematic

It’s just deeply weird to me they’d essentially deep-six their biggest show AND cancel a fascinating miniseries run halfway through not because the series was inaccurate or untruthful, but because the person reporting it has been judged...not enough of an ally?

I dunno, it doesn’t feel right. I am bothered.
Totally. I think the idea of finishing out the series with either a disclaimer or a soul-searching epilogue would have been a thoughtful way through this. But my guess is that Sruthi, being the primary on the series, was either unable or uninterested in finishing up her work once the shit hit the fan. There may be more to this we don't know, but it purely stinks of "let's get completely off people's radars for a while and let the temperature go down."

I will say this: this is pure opinion, but the series itself sat a little weird with me; in a few of the interviews, Sruthi pushes subjects to be more emotional and upset by what happened, like she's trying to pump up the personal/emotional angle of a dysfunctional workplace. I know interviewers do that, prod and poke until they get responses that suit their needs, but Sruthi left in so many sections where she's basically coaching her subjects into making the story more emotional.

Totally. I think the idea of finishing out the series with either a disclaimer or a soul-searching epilogue would have been a thoughtful way through this. But my guess is that Sruthi, being the primary on the series, was either unable or uninterested in finishing up her work once the shit hit the fan. There may be more to this we don't know, but it purely stinks of "let's get completely off people's radars for a while and let the temperature go down."

I will say this: this is pure opinion, but the series itself sat a little weird with me; in a few of the interviews, Sruthi pushes subjects to be more emotional and upset by what happened, like she's trying to pump up the personal/emotional angle of a dysfunctional workplace. I know interviewers do that, prod and poke until they get responses that suit their needs, but Sruthi left in so many sections where she's basically coaching her subjects into making the story more emotional.
Yeah, I definitely picked up on that too. The story was fascinating nevertheless.

Gonna miss the Alex/PJ dynamic a lot.

Yeah, I definitely picked up on that too. The story was fascinating nevertheless.

Gonna miss the Alex/PJ dynamic a lot.
Man, I had just caught up on months and months of a Reply All backlog, up through the first Test Kitchen ep, and then turned my attention to catching up on something else. Somehow this whole thing escaped my notice until yesterday. I’m still just piecing together what happened, kinda, via tweet threads. Super bummer all around.

Middleditch was exceptionally open about his lifestyle and open marriage to the point that his wife filed for divorce shortly after his public interview about it. I'm certainly sad to see it as Middleditch and Schwartz was great but honestly there was some smoke there too.

He has been discussed in comedy performer private groups as a person to avoid and, a few weeks ago, one of the goth club members referenced in the LA Times article (or a friend?) went public with it via TikTok. It seemed like the reaction was minimal and that he’d get a “get out of accountability free” card but perhaps it just took some time for the LA Times article to be put together. Alice Wetterlund who was an actor in Silicon Valley tweeted about how toxic the whole male cast was years ago and she tweeted about it again yesterday, affirming to fans that their sweetheart comedy nerd heroes on the show, even ones not named TJ Miller, aren’t very good dudes.

Middleditch was exceptionally open about his lifestyle and open marriage to the point that his wife filed for divorce shortly after his public interview about it. I'm certainly sad to see it as Middleditch and Schwartz was great but honestly there was some smoke there too.
Honestly I was only vaguely aware of the open marriage thing, but I’ve been reading more about it today. Some things just don’t quite hit on my radar.
He has been discussed in comedy performer private groups as a person to avoid and, a few weeks ago, one of the goth club members referenced in the LA Times article (or a friend?) went public with it via TikTok. It seemed like the reaction was minimal and that he’d get a “get out of accountability free” card but perhaps it just took some time for the LA Times article to be put together. Alice Wetterlund who was an actor in Silicon Valley tweeted about how toxic the whole male cast was years ago and she tweeted about it again yesterday, affirming to fans that their sweetheart comedy nerd heroes on the show, even ones not named TJ Miller, aren’t very good dudes.
I can’t quite remember the stuff around TJ Miller but I do remember that being a big story. But the other cast members weren’t explicitly named or described as doing anything, so I never thought about it. Now I do. I wonder who else is involved in this shitty behavior, like the people in comedy that have continued to surround themselves around Middleditch.

This one could be really bad too...

I'm sorry, but all of this is a stunt. Angelina just wants custody and doesn't care how badly she scars her kids to get it. I've been following this since 2017 and she has taken a page out of the book of every single parental alienator out there. She is doing this because she doesn't want to share custody with her children's father. Too bad, so sad, grow the f*** up and co-parent.

I'm sorry, but all of this is a stunt. Angelina just wants custody and doesn't care how badly she scars her kids to get it. I've been following this since 2017 and she has taken a page out of the book of every single parental alienator out there. She is doing this because she doesn't want to share custody with her children's father. Too bad, so sad, grow the f*** up and co-parent.
Maybe it's both? The trick is that people need to remember that his behavior does not, by default, make her the stable one.

More reports of Mark Kozelek being the fucking worst

Anyone want to buy some Red House Painters reissues?
After seeing this I finally decided to sell my records on Discogs. I listed them for $5 below asking and one guy bought all of them within 4 hours of posting. So you may have some luck there.

Back