Your Fave is Problematic

A 32 year old man (at the time) playing Proms and Spring Flings....

Sorry, I know this is what you were getting at I just had to say the quiet part out loud
His show was on tv in the mid-2000s. At one point does that target audience of high school kids have no recollection of watching that show? I would think modern high schoolers have no idea so him playing those gigs is more of a creep move than them actually being his fans.

His show was on tv in the mid-2000s. At one point does that target audience of high school kids have no recollection of watching that show? I would think modern high schoolers have no idea so him playing those gigs is more of a creep move than them actually being his fans.

Heā€™s looking for a booking agent. Should we throw you name into the mix?

I haven't listened to this guy's music too much, but I know others on the forum are fans.

Interesting follow-up article with Ryan Adams after his cancelling and trying to cobble back a career. It's not going well.

I read the lead-in, a good comeback story is only invigorating if youā€™re rooting for the guy involved. Itā€™s sad what heā€™s going through but this isnā€™t like coming back from addiction or something greater than oneself, but rather coming back from decades of unchecked toxic behavior.

Heā€™s not going to be able to retain or maintain the same lifestyle he was once used to, and he doesnā€™t seem to want to accept that.

SoOoOoOo not a ā€œfaveā€ as such but. Well, this is both morbidly interesting, and having apparently been responsible for multiple people buying from this person I feel some level of responsibility to be forthcoming and I don't know where else to put this.

Apparently the guy who's doing the remasters of the first four Oingo Boingo albums both lightly doxxes customers he disagrees with *and* will of course take the tried-and-true method of blocking and deleting comments of anyone who brings in receipts. And he may have gone on sexist tyrades against members of UMG administration but I haven't seen what's being referred to with that. I only know about this because he felt the need to complain about someone I'm acquainted with uploading a rip of the Only a Lad CD to YouTube because he offers no digital way to access them, feeling that this will completely ruin his business model even though this is common and even commended practice in the adjacent community through which I get this information. This is apparently not a standalone incident either, it's linked in the thread that he randomly gave the real name of a person who is known for his comprehensive archiving of Oingo Boingo rarities. Danny Elfman has of course been tagged multiple times by this point, as he should be. Not sure what else to say except I'm interested to see how this turns out.

SoOoOoOo not a ā€œfaveā€ as such but. Well, this is both morbidly interesting, and having apparently been responsible for multiple people buying from this person I feel some level of responsibility to be forthcoming and I don't know where else to put this.

Apparently the guy who's doing the remasters of the first four Oingo Boingo albums both lightly doxxes customers he disagrees with *and* will of course take the tried-and-true method of blocking and deleting comments of anyone who brings in receipts. And he may have gone on sexist tyrades against members of UMG administration but I haven't seen what's being referred to with that. I only know about this because he felt the need to complain about someone I'm acquainted with uploading a rip of the Only a Lad CD to YouTube because he offers no digital way to access them, feeling that this will completely ruin his business model even though this is common and even commended practice in the adjacent community through which I get this information. This is apparently not a standalone incident either, it's linked in the thread that he randomly gave the real name of a person who is known for his comprehensive archiving of Oingo Boingo rarities. Danny Elfman has of course been tagged multiple times by this point, as he should be. Not sure what else to say except I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Saw this post earlier and wondered what it was in reference to... now I know

The plot thickens. From a former member of another group being done by Rubellan:

Leads one to wonder if the members of Oingo Boingo know/are getting paychecks from the Rubellans. Not that I have any proof either way on that.

Screenshot_20210815-234654_Twitter.jpg

Not my favorite, necessarily, but certainly a favorite of a lot of people on here.

Hmm. This was so long ago, I'm not sure it could be substantiated or disproven at this point. As far as I know, this is the only allegation of this kind towards Bob after all these years, so I don't know. Wouldn't shock me cus the 60s were pretty crazy, but unless more allegations come out and a pattern emerges, i suppose we'll see.

Last edited:
This happened several years ago but I feel someoneā€™s PR person was working overtime because I donā€™t remember. Heā€™s certainly not getting leading man work anymore but heā€™s still working. People get cancelled for less these days:

Back