Wilco (The Thread)

I realize that most of the people in this thread got there before me, but I think I finally connected with Ode To Joy today. An album ahead of its time, made not in but for 2020.

The “remember when wars would end/now when something’s dead we try to kill it again” line was the immediate standout lyric when the album came out, but man does it hit different right now.

Think I might want to claim Durand and the TV on the Radio. To get myself even for this one I’ll throw a non-PIFsgiving entry up:

Wilco - A.M. from VMP, VG+ all around.

Also still have The Wrens - Silver and Emily Reo - Olive Juice up for grabs.

WILCO ALERT in THE PIF THREAD!!

COME CLAIM AN OG VMP PRESS OF A.M. and JOIN IN THE PIFSGIVING FUN!

Opened my UT Live from Black Friday...and curiously, the vinyl edges are flat/squared off, not beveled.

Anybody else’s pressed this way?
437D614C-3A30-46F6-92BB-5823F9CFCCD4.jpeg

I realize that most of the people in this thread got there before me, but I think I finally connected with Ode To Joy today. An album ahead of its time, made not in but for 2020.

The “remember when wars would end/now when something’s dead we try to kill it again” line was the immediate standout lyric when the album came out, but man does it hit different right now.
Seeing Wilco live last year made me connect with that album way more.

It's getting pricey. Found it used in my local for around $80 two years ago...

Yes, the copy I ordered is used and a tad under that number based on today’s conversion rate. It’s also in a different country, but hopefully I can convince my dad to play test it. Hopefully I’ll get my hands on it next year.

Back