Wilco (The Thread)

Oh no, was to late to pre-order and the bonus seven is gone. Oh well, you can't have it all.

Just rewatched I Am Trying to Break Your Heart again this weekend. I'd really love to have digital copies of all those early versions of these tracks, some of which you can hear in the film. Anyone have a link to the "Engineer Demos"? I know of that incredible Google Drive archive but I can't seem to find them on there, except some in that "Alfa Romeo Tango" compilation.

Diving into the new Jeff Tweedy. I like it quite a bit. Definitely a bit more "alive" than his last couple of solo effort (not that I didn't like those by any means - just more of a hop in his step with this album). Some cool guitar work here and there and just a really nice listen. Can't wait to get the vinyl in like 3 months lol.

Diving into the new Jeff Tweedy. I like it quite a bit. Definitely a bit more "alive" than his last couple of solo effort (not that I didn't like those by any means - just more of a hop in his step with this album). Some cool guitar work here and there and just a really nice listen. Can't wait to get the vinyl in like 3 months lol.
Between this and The Mountain Goats and Adrianne Lenker i am having a hard time deciding what to listen to today.

edit: what to listen to first / while driving. I am working so not a lot of time to listen to all three

Halloween sale at Wilco Store, excludes pre-orders. If anyone has any particular Road Case recommendations, please drop them here.

The Solid Sound Festival bundles are always great. For $10, you get 3 sets (2015 only $7.50 for two sets). Friday night is always different, (covers in 2015, Being There and YHF played straight through in 2017, Wilco karaoke with fans joining onstage in 2019), Saturday is a straight-up Wilco show, and Sunday night is Tweedy & Friends (often joined by other artists from the festival). For $27.50, you get 8 varied sets of Wilco/Tweedy glory.

2019:

2017:
2015:

Last edited:
The Solid Sound Festival bundles are always great. For $10, you get 3 sets (2015 only $7.50 for two sets). Friday night is always different, (covers in 2015, Being There and YHF played straight through in 2017, Wilco karaoke with fans joining onstage in 2019), Saturday is a straight-up Wilco show, and Sunday night is Tweedy & Friends (often joined by other artists from the festival). For $27.50, you get 8 varied sets of Wilco/Tweedy glory.

2019:

2017:
2015:
Whoa yeah gonna have to grab that 2017 one

2019:

2017:
2015:
Awesome, already had the 2017 bundle in my cart. Also bought two tees, a patch, that Salt Lake City poster for the show that didn't happen, and road case 5. Almost bought a Tweedy guitar strap as I needed one anyway but decided even at half price, with the conversion that's an insanely expensive guitar strap.

Ordered the poster from the Madison show. $13 shipping but still a decent price. I didn't go to that show, but when I saw them it was in Madison, so close enough. Also pre-ordered the new Tweedy album while I was on there.

Back