Wilco (The Thread)

Anyone who got the Summerteeth vinyl box?

Still on the fence on that one. I have the Nonesuch reissue from 2009, mastered by Bob Ludwig. It sounds pretty great to me and wondering if this new remaster is worth plunging for. The extras ARE nice, but also something I seldom actually listen too...

Still on the fence on that one. I have the Nonesuch reissue from 2009, mastered by Bob Ludwig. It sounds pretty great to me and wondering if this new remaster is worth plunging for. The extras ARE nice, but also something I seldom actually listen too...
I haven’t gone for it yet. It has been in quite a few sales over here (30% off list price or so through the Target sale for example) but it’s still pricey and I agree I don’t tend to listen to the extras too much...

I haven’t gone for it yet. It has been in quite a few sales over here (30% off list price or so through the Target sale for example) but it’s still pricey and I agree I don’t tend to listen to the extras too much...

Same boat, I hope to pick it up eventually on the cheap. I got the Being There set for under $30 at some point. Summerteeth is far and away my favorite Wilco album.

I have not received the box yet...but have been listening to the downloads.
Viking Dan it racing up the "my favorite Wilco songs" charts and I like the alternate versions.

Once the vinyl gets delivered (got an email that COVID caused delays) I will let you know if it sounds better than my OG pressing.

For some reason Google Play Music/YouTube Music don't have it in Canada yet, so I haven't heard it yet. Haven't splurged on the box and not sure I will.
I will say this...this Deluxe has me eagerly anticipating the YHF Deluxe reissue.
If it has all the demos and alternate versions its going to be a MUST own.

I will say this...this Deluxe has me eagerly anticipating the YHF Deluxe reissue.
If it has all the demos and alternate versions its going to be a MUST own.
I vaguely remember Jeff saying that they'd never be able to remix YHF for whatever reason, but I'm not sure how true that is and I don't think it would need a remix, anyway. I found two sets of demos online recently but I'm sure there is a treasure trove more that would be amazing to hear.

I have debated the Summerteeth box set more than Being There cause I like it a lot more. But $100...I think I’ll wait.

Still periodically checking to see if Being There drops in price anywhere

I have debated the Summerteeth box set more than Being There cause I like it a lot more. But $100...I think I’ll wait.

But @Bennnnn "what if you lose out" on a classic like Viking Dan?

Yeah, I've held off due to the price as well, but it's not easy. Hoping for a decent coupon code to show up (and hoping it doesn't sell out in the meantime).

PSA: 25% off everything in the Wilco store, and Roadcases are 50% off.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten their items / received a shipping email from the last Wilco sale? I know there are delays and all, but I haven’t heard one thing.

Back