Wilco (The Thread)

Oh yes! Absolutely love it now. A grower for sure, but it's like a friendship that started out cautiously but ended as a very close one. I especially love the low key, almost hidden hooks on it. And the percussion and drums. The percussion and the dry drums!
Definitely. For a long time, even though I liked it, I thought it was a little bland. But there is a lot going on subtly that rewards coming back to it.

Definitely. For a long time, even though I liked it, I thought it was a little bland. But there is a lot going on subtly that rewards coming back to it.

Yeah, now it is one of my absolute Wilco favorites and I think I rate it their best since A Ghost Is Born. And I'm a sucker for Sky Blue Sky, Wilco (the album) and The Whole Love, hell even Schmilco and Star Wars... Ok, that was all of them since A Ghost is Born, but still :)

I should probably listen to Ode To Joy again. I haven’t much since it came out. Just kinda felt forgettable. And I enjoyed Schmilco quite a bit

I liked Ode to Joy a lot when it came out but I think it's probably one of my favorite albums they've ever done now. My wife and I listened to it a ton in the early days of covid/quarantine and it's provided us a lot of comfort over the past seven months. I'm really glad one of the last shows I got to see was one of the yearly Winterlude shows here because that new material sounded like classic Wilco.

I should probably listen to Ode To Joy again. I haven’t much since it came out. Just kinda felt forgettable. And I enjoyed Schmilco quite a bit
It's really one you have to pay attention to. It's not a background record. Loud with quality headphones is a must to unlock everything going on. An awfully beautiful album too, one of their prettiest IMO.

It's really one you have to pay attention to. It's not a background record. Loud with quality headphones is a must to unlock everything going on. An awfully beautiful album too, one of their prettiest IMO.
Yeah I'm gonna have to try harder and give it a good, focused listen this week.

Yeah, now it is one of my absolute Wilco favorites and I think I rate it their best since A Ghost Is Born. And I'm a sucker for Sky Blue Sky, Wilco (the album) and The Whole Love, hell even Schmilco and Star Wars... Ok, that was all of them since A Ghost is Born, but still :)
Schmilco's amazing! Another huge grower for me. Sadly hasn't happened with WTA yet.

The Limited Chicago Editions of OTJ are still available on the Website.
I might have purchased one to go with my Pink Edition.

Schmilco's amazing! Another huge grower for me. Sadly hasn't happened with WTA yet.
Schmilco is in my Top 5.
Normal American Kids > If I Ever Was a Child > Cry All Day is a solid an opening trio as anything since ALTWYS > Hell is Chrome > Spiders (Kidsmoke).

The Limited Chicago Editions of OTJ are still available on the Website.
I might have purchased one to go with my Pink Edition.

Schmilco is in my Top 5.
Normal American Kids > If I Ever Was a Child > Cry All Day is a solid an opening trio as anything since ALTWYS > Hell is Chrome > Spiders (Kidsmoke).

Don't tempt me on those Chicago editions.....!

Don't tempt me on those Chicago editions.....!

I have one, to be honest I was slightly disappointed. It might be because I had set the wrong expectations - I was expecting something a bit more heavy duty but in the end it's just a very thin paper jacket. The record sounds ok- no defects but it's mixed quiet and I can't compare to the general release since it's the only one I have but I assume it's the same other than the colour.

It cost like 50€ all together with shipping and customs for me, so I would say it's not worth it at that price.

I have one, to be honest I was slightly disappointed. It might be because I had set the wrong expectations - I was expecting something a bit more heavy duty but in the end it's just a very thin paper jacket. The record sounds ok- no defects but it's mixed quiet and I can't compare to the general release since it's the only one I have but I assume it's the same other than the colour.

It cost like 50€ all together with shipping and customs for me, so I would say it's not worth it at that price.

Yeah...mine was only $35 shipped here.
My jacket was not yellow like on the webstore page...which I was hoping for.
But I spin the pink and keep the ltd. one mint.

Jeff’s doing a live thing with Nick Offerman this Wednesday. It’s on the pricier side (in relation to these live shows which are usually $15 or less) cause it comes with a signed copy of his new book, but hey I’m in.

Info: Jeff Tweedy Book Release
My buddy, whose book Jeff Tweedy contributed to, is also doing his virtual book release tomorrow with Shea Serrano.

Jeff’s doing a live thing with Nick Offerman this Wednesday. It’s on the pricier side (in relation to these live shows which are usually $15 or less) cause it comes with a signed copy of his new book, but hey I’m in.

Info: Jeff Tweedy Book Release
Are the signed copies sold out now? I don’t see that mentioned

Edit: Nevermind, I see from another site that it’s a signed bookplate that is shipped separately

Back