Wilco (The Thread)

Just listened to Jay Bennett's post-Wilco The Palace at 4am album with Edward Burch after only reading about it back in March when I read Learning How to Die. Really enjoyed it. What are all your favourite Wilco-adjacent records?
this one for sure. Also really like The Autumn Defense (John and Pat) - Circles and all of the Loose Fur (Jeff, Glenn, Jim O'Rourke) albums.

Just listened to Jay Bennett's post-Wilco The Palace at 4am album with Edward Burch after only reading about it back in March when I read Learning How to Die. Really enjoyed it. What are all your favourite Wilco-adjacent records?
this one for sure. Also really like The Autumn Defense (John and Pat) - Circles and all of the Loose Fur (Jeff, Glenn, Jim O'Rourke) albums.

There are parts of the Chelsea Walls Soundtrack that I always think are pretty great. It came out after, but on the heels of, YHF. So it has the same sound despite being mostly instrumental.

Cross-post from the MMJ thread:

This is from almost two years ago but I just recently stumbled upon it. Great interview with Carl Broemel and Nels Cline. Americanarama in 2013 was the first time I saw both MMJ and Wilco and as amazing as it was it's hard not to think about what could have been.

Back