What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

I kept spacing on picking up that 3-sided tape, then forgot about it. I used to have the clamshell cassette box, but was aporoached with an offer I couldn't refuse

It’s a cool release, has Bedwetter Vol 1 on side D. That and the 2017 Yellow Mista Thug are the only LUM projects in my collection, might have to grab an Anthology box to get Trick Dice and Oblivion Access which are the other two releases I’d really like

Yup. I might try and DJ there, at some point. I'll let them build the place first
omg i didnt even think about being a DJ there, that'd be super cool! Good luck to you if you go for it!

I definitely want to learn to mix and that idea just gave me a bit more of a nudge

It’s a cool release, has Bedwetter Vol 1 on side D. That and the 2017 Yellow Mista Thug are the only LUM projects in my collection, might have to grab an Anthology box to get Trick Dice and Oblivion Access which are the other two releases I’d really like

The good news is that it looks like I can still find it out there in the world. I knew it had a "secret" side, but didn't realize it was Bedwetter, so... might have to scoop that up. You can probably see that I have pre-order Anthology in my own post above. What you can't see is that I have 2 copies of it

omg i didnt even think about being a DJ there, that'd be super cool! Good luck to you if you go for it!

I definitely want to learn to mix and that idea just gave me a bit more of a nudge

I haven't thought about it, too much. I know Steven, so, I figured that I'd just offer to do it, at some point, in the future. I don't think I would "be a DJ there," but would DJ there.

Tell us the story of how you found it again. It’s a good one.
Please! I haven’t heard it.

I was asked to stop at a yard sale which I begrudgingly did against my will.

It was full of your usual yard sale garbage - old trinkets, housewares, clothes. I spotted a box of records underneath a table. It was full of the usual suspects - Ray Conniff, Herb Alpert, Andy Williams et al - and all were in heinous shape to boot.

In the very back of the box, quite inexplicably, was a copy of The Doors first LP. The jacket looked pretty good. Oooh, it's a mono copy. I pulled it out of the sleeve expecting it to be trashed like everything else in the box but it was in VG+ shape. Then I noticed it was a white label promo.

And that's how I scored a mono white label promo of The Doors first record for 50¢. As in two quarters.

You never know what's gonna pop up in this crazy hobby.

I was asked to stop at a yard sale which I begrudgingly did against my will.

It was full of your usual yard sale garbage - old trinkets, housewares, clothes. I spotted a box of records underneath a table. It was full of the usual suspects - Ray Conniff, Herb Alpert, Andy Williams et al - and all were in heinous shape to boot.

In the very back of the box, quite inexplicably, was a copy of The Doors first LP. The jacket looked pretty good. Oooh, it's a mono copy. I pulled it out of the sleeve expecting it to be trashed like everything else in the box but it was in VG+ shape. Then I noticed it was a white label promo.

And that's how I scored a mono white label promo of The Doors first record for 50¢. As in two quarters.

You never know what's gonna pop up in this crazy hobby.

picture it sicily.gif

Yasunori Mitsuda & Millennial Fair ‎– ハルカナルトキノカナタヘ (Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross Arrangement Album)

R-7940666-1452173309-1102.jpeg.jpg

Have: 93
Want: 353
Avg Rating: 4.41 / 5
Ratings: 22
Last Sold: 16 Apr 18
Lowest: $160.26
Median: $240.38
Highest: $421.35

One's currently listed for $550

I bought it new off Squenix's webstore, had no idea it would be worth so much.

god damn I'm jealous!! I never seem to notice when these types of things are up for preorder. I've missed out on a lot of now very expensive video game soundtracks because of this

I haven't thought about it, too much. I know Steven, so, I figured that I'd just offer to do it, at some point, in the future. I don't think I would "be a DJ there," but would DJ there.

Oh yeah now I see how "be a DJ there" reads vs DJ there, I'm kinda bad at words lol but yeah would probably be a fun place to mix a set at once in a while!

Wow, this No Doubt record surprises me that its on the top of the list. I would have never expected it. The Paramore - Singles Club has always been at the top of the list. I think it's erroneously listed there because one sold high, but there are several available for around $30 to $40.

Wow, this No Doubt record surprises me that its on the top of the list. I would have never expected it. The Paramore - Singles Club has always been at the top of the list. I think it's erroneously listed there because one sold high, but there are several available for around $30 to $40.

Yeah...that's why the "max" value can be a bit misleading. It could have been a signed copy or something. You get some outliers with the max - and since values are based off the last 10 sales, some odd releases can linger for a while if they aren't big sellers.

This is for the run of the mill US pressing - https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-Aladdin-Sane/release/1139477

Annotation 2019-05-18 100628.jpg

I bet it's warped, since it's a Dynaflex.

Last edited:
The good news is that it looks like I can still find it out there in the world. I knew it had a "secret" side, but didn't realize it was Bedwetter, so... might have to scoop that up. You can probably see that I have pre-order Anthology in my own post above. What you can't see is that I have 2 copies of it
Damn hope you can pick that up for a decent price, it’d be a great pickup! 2 pre order anothologies? Very very nice. Just looking at your top 4 hurts my soul... I wasn’t into vinyl when all of these dropped but I was listening to the artists at the time... thinking about what could have been

83F5627F-CF99-4AAC-BE6F-A7391414B244.jpeg

Damn hope you can pick that up for a decent price, it’d be a great pickup! 2 pre order anothologies? Very very nice. Just looking at your top 4 hurts my soul... I wasn’t into vinyl when all of these dropped but I was listening to the artists at the time... thinking about what could have been

View attachment 897

Believe it or not, I'm actually finding the 3 Sided tape in stock for, pretty much, the original price.

I was fairly early on the Death Grips, because I came across the Exmil mixtape the month they posted it. Later on, I was sent an advanced copy of The Money Store, because I was supposed to interview them at the time but, surprise! The week it was supposed to go down, they vanished, so it never happened. The Govt. Plates was the first time I ever went out to grab anything for RSD and it was a Black Friday release. I strolled into a store late, after everything had been picked through, and there were 2 copies just sitting there. Nobody wanted it. I sold my second copy of that a couple weeks ago, after some guy on reddit kept at me about trying to get it. I'm going to put the money toward a camera lens.

If you wind up deciding to buy an anthology, feel free to hit me up. I still have one in the shipping box in a closet. In fact, since I don't really listen to tapes these days, I've been on the fence for a while about if I even needed my own copy. I, eventually, wound up grabbing a bundle with the 4 LPs, at one point, and just listen to those copies. I think they were only $50 for the 4LP bundle from Orm, and he posted them randomly, but that shit is like rolling dice. I know he still owes me some shit. They did arrive and I have them, though. I'm also happy to let you know if I ever see Trick Dice or Oblivion pop

Believe it or not, I'm actually finding the 3 Sided tape in stock for, pretty much, the original price.

I was fairly early on the Death Grips, because I came across the Exmil mixtape the month they posted it. Later on, I was sent an advanced copy of The Money Store, because I was supposed to interview them at the time but, surprise! The week it was supposed to go down, they vanished, so it never happened. The Govt. Plates was the first time I ever went out to grab anything for RSD and it was a Black Friday release. I strolled into a store late, after everything had been picked through, and there were 2 copies just sitting there. Nobody wanted it. I sold my second copy of that a couple weeks ago, after some guy on reddit kept at me about trying to get it. I'm going to put the money toward a camera lens.

If you wind up deciding to buy an anthology, feel free to hit me up. I still have one in the shipping box in a closet. In fact, since I don't really listen to tapes these days, I've been on the fence for a while about if I even needed my own copy. I, eventually, wound up grabbing a bundle with the 4 LPs, at one point, and just listen to those copies. I think they were only $50 for the 4LP bundle from Orm, and he posted them randomly, but that shit is like rolling dice. I know he still owes me some shit. They did arrive and I have them, though. I'm also happy to let you know if I ever see Trick Dice or Oblivion pop
It’s always the easiest copped stuff that ends up worth the most haha. Shame you never got to interview em but a no show is very on brand I guess. Appreciate that man! I may very well do that! Not a cassette listener myself either, just after some casual browsing it seems Anthology might be the best/easiest way to get those LPs at this point. Might do a bit of a deep dive and see if I can find any leads on em though, all this talk has the trigger finger itchy even though I dropped too much on vinyl after yesterday’s releases already

It’s always the easiest copped stuff that ends up worth the most haha. Shame you never got to interview em but a no show is very on brand I guess. Appreciate that man! I may very well do that! Not a cassette listener myself either, just after some casual browsing it seems Anthology might be the best/easiest way to get those LPs at this point. Might do a bit of a deep dive and see if I can find any leads on em though, all this talk has the trigger finger itchy even though I dropped too much on vinyl after yesterday’s releases already

Well... I'm not actively trying to sell it, at the moment, so it probably isn't going anywhere. The truth is that I'd probably make more piecing it out, because of what they go for individually, but I'm not really interested.

The thing about the interview is that it wasn't really "on brand" yet, at the time. That was the first time they pulled some shit like that, since TMS wasn't even out and they just signed to Epic. In the advanced CD was one of the NLDW pill stickers announcing that it was coming, which was interesting because, when they bailed, the excuse was that they did so to make that album. It wasn't even finished? Yet, I was supposed to be interviewing them to promote the other album that wasn't out yet. They booked a bunch of club dates and then just ghosted on everything. Their publicist told me that he had no idea how to get a hold of them or where they were. He seemed a little stressed himself. He suggested the best move would be to keep an eye on their twitter -- this is well before they ever took it down the first time -- and just wait to see if they pop up. I got the feeling he'd been doing that himself. I told him that I wasn't going to do that for anyone. Nevermind.

At the time, I'd just started writing for a magazine and they'd sent me and other writers a list of names for potential interview subjects. They were broken up into half, full, and multi-page groups. It was my first thing I did for them and I picked EL-P for a multi-page. Nobody wanted it, I guess, so I got that. I also asked for GZA, but that never happened. His album Dark Matter still hasn't come out and this was back in 2012. I interviewed EL the week before the release of Cancer 4 Cure and Killer Mike's RAP Music, which he produced. Somewhere in there -- they came out a week apart from each other. The next week was supposed to be the Death Grips interview and I had all my questions together and everything, but... nope. We were encouraged to pitch artists to them, so DG was my idea. Instead of doing that, I interviewed Jon Benjamin that week for my own site and... it was kind of awkward for certain reasons. I went to cover the Sasquatch! Festival the next day and never posted that Benjamin interview, but I told someone that I might try and pull it out here, while the last forum was going down in flames.

Back