What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

You got anyone in your will? Im free for that lol

Yep. This guy.

35238812804_5d2c55c746_z.jpg

My son gets everything. Whenever I get something signed and they seem hellbent on adding a name/inscribing it to someone, I just have them sign it to him.

I struggle with Discogs as an accurate valuation tool, because my top two (of 600ish) are these:

Neither of these is worth the inflated prices they're going for now IMO, and the value would deflate pretty quickly upon a repress. Real world value my most "valuable" record is probably my WLP of Marquee Moon, but that's a bit further down the Discogs list.

Soundtracks go for big money. Also, I paid like $12 for that Halo 2. I feel like they could hardly give them away back then.

Also, items that have never sold is probably worth mentioning. I have 7 that haven't sold recently, including two test pressings and a rare EP from Silversun Pickups.

I skipped out on buying the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack when it was available for pre-order with the game for like 40-60 dollars and held off because I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into vinyl at the time.
Shits expensive now. Label said they couldn't repress this one too.
I managed to snag a third pressing, and I didn't notice until way after the fact that it had a seam split. I hit some hard times a few years back, and had to sell. Even a damaged 3rd pressing sold for $150.

My most wanted white whale is the Chrono Cross/Chrono Trigger Arrangement. Chrono Cross is my favorite video game soundtrack, and Chrono Trigger isn't far behind it. Goes up in price every time I look. Currently being sold at $572.12 https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/7940666?ev=rb

This would be my favorite video game OST: https://www.discogs.com/Shinji-Hosoe-999-Soundtrack/release/8470510
No vinyl release, unfortunately, and it's probably not popular enough to warrant one.
Hopefully the Moonshake dude (the guy who recently did the Metal Gear Solid and Sonic 3 bootlegs) can do it, since the MGS pressing I got was fantastic.
I wasn't familiar with this one, the first couple tracks they have on that listing are great! How are the games themselves? It looks like you can get this game and the sequel on PS4 for a reasonable price.

ooof when did those 2014 Mono Sgt Pepper's get so pricey?! a bit mad I slept on that thinking "it's been $25-30 since it came out, it'll still be $30 when I feel like buying it"...still will prolly acquire one sooner or later, knowing myself...

Such fun and interesting variation in the top dollar tiers of all your collections - even got some ABBA in here! I had no idea some of these records you're posting were so valuable!

According to Discogs, here's my top 25 by median value (I promise I listen to more than The Mars Volta lol I just have all their stuff, often in duplicates/every color variation)

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.20.16 PM.png

That True Loves album won't be valuable for much longer - Colemine is repressing it this year (and I'm sure it'll sound better than this one, too). At the bottom of the list, cuz they never sold on the site, are an original GSL/Erika Records test pressing of TMV's Amputechture (there's only 8, way too many people claim to own this on Discogs) and 1 of 2 Flat 12 Beer filled King Gizzard's Polygondwanaland (see photo below). Other notable higher value items for me would be Manchester Orchestra/Thrice 12" covering Don't Speak/I Want You (She's So Heavy) respectively, Gamma Ray (QOTSA) debut 7", autographed Fontaines DC-Boys in the Better Land 7", Fiona's Idler Wheel (gotta get that 10" Sleep to Dream tho...) original press Screamin' Jay Hawkins-I Put a Spell on You is not cheap either...

Things I bought retail that I had no idea would get so pricey: Slipknot-Vol 3., Hendrix-Are You Experienced 2014 200g purple vinyl reissue...also a pair of 2003 Dark Side of the Moon 30th anniversary reissues (one being the first record I ever bought) are climbing up slowly but surely, too, it seems.

Not any sort of financially valuable but super high in sentimental value: Mint Royale - Show Me 12" single signed by John Richards of KEXP. It's the "Friday song" he plays every Friday morning. I got to have coffee and a station tour with him and he was nice enough to sign it for me :)

newgizzard.jpg image1_50.jpg

Back