What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

Some nice records there. I hate the fact that two of my big most recent wants are on a list of most valuable records on Discogs though :cry:
Yeah, and the way those two keep climbing in price (if I’m guessing which two it is correctly) it almost makes me pause about cracking them open because they’re both still sealed at this point. Haven’t had a chance go throw them on the table yet.

Yeah, and the way those two keep climbing in price (if I’m guessing which two it is correctly) it almost makes me pause about cracking them open because they’re both still sealed at this point. Haven’t had a chance go throw them on the table yet.

It's insane that my city only got like 4-5 copies total.. and I believe they all went to one store which luckily for me was the last spot I went to! And the other one .. might be one of my favorite rap records ever... I have a decent 2LP boot but to have it on 2LP official, that would be the best.

Looking at my list and seeing how many TMR Vault packages are on there makes it very tempting to start ordering multiples. It isn’t like there are limited preorder slots, they’re pressed to meet all preorder quantity so it isn’t like I’d be depriving folks of copies to resale for my own profit. Just playing ant to others grasshopper. :unsure:

A lot of relatively recent reissues that I imagine will raise considerably in value over the next year or two once out of print. I think the Kinks Mono box (mastered by Kevin Gray, 8 of the 9 records being AAA) will easily triple in value once OOP. It sounds amazing- get in now whilst you still can!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190517-071411_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190517-071411_Chrome.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 14
j7fsYp5.png

But I have a very rare LP thats never been sold and has extremely press low numbers so its at the bottom of this list xD

Nice collection!
Pretty cool how that death grips cover has an aboriginal man :O

Yeah. I bought that new. Ordered it from their site when it was released. In retrospect, I should have ordered a couple. I didn't expect anyone else to give a shit about them back then.

I, actually, bought all of these new, except the De La Soul Is Dead, which I traded for.

I have quite a few Death Grips albums.

Sorted by Med. value. Prices in Mexican Pesos (1 USD= 19 MXN), so dont freak out.

Its fun to see which records are close to what I paid for them, and which are pretty far.
Out of those in this image, I payed less than 2/3 for the Coltrane boxset and the 2 MM (Shorter and Mobley), and I think those are the closest ones. I payed way way less than the Discogs Med price for the rest.
View attachment 256
I thought I hit the jackpot with the Atlantic years and Noname then!!! Will teach me to read the text first in the future 🙄

I have 0 lol

One day I guess haha

I've never bought a single copy on the secondary market, but I did recently sell 3 of them to someone for $650, so they clearly get expensive. I've just been buying them since they released the first physical music and kept at it. Otherwise, if I wasn't buying them new, I doubt I'd even try and fuck with it.

Attachments

• death grips collection.jpg
    death grips collection.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 16
Here my top 10. Its a funny one because I enjoy listening to Frank Ocean but I could easily give up the records without being upset. Hes a great artist but I dont really have any feelings towards his music other than its fun to listen to. Not sure if this is a 'tip' exactly, but I have been writing the date and median price for Blond every month or so to track its value. Its gone up by £10 since last week alone.

I've never bought a single copy on the secondary market, but I did recently sell 3 of them to someone for $650, so they clearly get expensive. I've just been buying them since they released the first physical music and kept at it. Otherwise, if I wasn't buying them new, I doubt I'd even try and fuck with it.

You got anyone in your will? Im free for that lol

Back