What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

I’ve been chasing a copy of Pedestrian Verse for a while. One of these days I’m just going to pull the trigger on it, and no doubt, the reissue will be announced the next day.
If you could do that soon, that’d be great. I need a copy and don’t wanna spend a limb.

Last edited:
Oh damn, which Rocket to Russia is that??

Its the ABC first press. I dont think its worth close to that as its only a single sale and iirc it was still sealed so someone went wild.

If it is worth that much then this is probably my greatest crate dig find as I dont think I paid more than $10 for it over a decade ago.

Ramones - Rocket To Russia

Url: Ramones - Rocket To Russia

Shared from the Discogs App

Its the ABC first press. I dont think its worth close to that as its only a single sale and iirc it was still sealed so someone went wild.

If it is worth that much then this is probably my greatest crate dig find as I dont think I paid more than $10 for it over a decade ago.

Ramones - Rocket To Russia

Url: Ramones - Rocket To Russia

Shared from the Discogs App
I have an original press Rocket but don’t have it entered into my Discogs because it’s a well-loved beater. (When the day comes that I buy a RCM, it’s the first one in!) You have me curious about the pressing now.

I LOVE that album so much. I didn’t do a N&G top 50 list but if I had — spoiler alert — it would be #1. 🚀

And might as well chuck in the highest 25 CDs only (non box sets etc)

View attachment 78935
I had no idea those U2 cds were so valuable. I only put my records in discogs, but we have thousands of cds and cd singles. I have an entire shoji cabinet dedicated to all my U2 cds / vcds, dvds and vhs. I have bins of U2 bootlegs (pretty sure I have the entire Elevation Tour) I really never play cds anymore :(

I have an original press Rocket but don’t have it entered into my Discogs because it’s a well-loved beater. (When the day comes that I buy a RCM, it’s the first one in!) You have me curious about the pressing now.

I LOVE that album so much. I didn’t do a N&G top 50 list but if I had — spoiler alert — it would be #1. 🚀
One more story about my love for Rocket to Russia.

I don't know how I did it, but when I got married, somehow I convinced my bride to let me play "Cretin Hop" as our post-ceremony song. I guess that's one of the many reasons I married her. I'm a lucky guy!

Anyway, before the ceremony, I got with the sound guy and gave him an iPod with the ceremony playlist. I told him the last song, to be queued up right after I kissed the bride, was a Ramones song and to not be surprised. He nodded and said "OK!"

Fast-forward to the end of the ceremony. "You may now kiss the bride!" I kiss my gorgeous bride and we turn to face our guests. Sound guy hits "play." He hears the first few notes of "Cretin" and I see this huge look of panic come across his face: He had forgotten our conversation and thinks he's just screwed up big-time by playing not only the wrong song, but some loud-ass punk song. He reaches for volume and cranks it down. He's white as a ghost.

I look at him and give him two vigorous thumbs up, signaling him to crank it up. I see the light bulb go on, and this massive look of relief washes over his face, and he reaches down and just friggin' cranks the volume all the way up. My bride looks at me, grabs my arm to leave the ceremony, and starts cracking up.

I was wondering why the Kinks mono box was so much higher than on others lists. It seems that the EU pressing and been selling for a lot more than the US one lol!

Yeah GZ vs Rainbo. The battle of the worst ever. But actually Rainbo killed it with this one, mine are flawless.

Same as for GZ, they’re actually really good pressings too in this one. I actually find GZ more frustrating than Rainbo. Rainbo were consistently bad so, this box set aside, you knew the risk you were taking. GZ are actually capable of good pressings but are just so all over the place with QC that there is huge variance even within individual pressings of albums.

Last edited:
I acccccctualllly don’t own the box - I own all of the records except “Live” individually. Somehow landed them one by one from people who broke their sets. No other way to list them on Discogs!
And how has it been acquiring them second hand ?

and I’m surprised you’ve got them all except Live up to this point:)

Back