What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

Ha, I had no idea. Thanks for teaching me something today.

No problem. The site used to have this printed on the Sales History when you click on the "Last Sold" date...but it is no longer there.

All sale values are based on the last 10 sold, but are delayed as they only show up once the seller pays their fee.

"Items sold are only included in Sales History after the seller of the item has paid the fees associated with the order."

Boxsets are still capturing the top spots, but for single albums, here's my new #1

A hip hop compilation project inspired by the 1995 cult movie La Haine, about French suburbs and police oppression (already a hot topic 25 years ago, some things never change...). Got it for a descent price on Rakuten (had a few good deals here compared to Discogs pricing).

Here is a update to my top 25

1583408710128.png

I see Charlie XCX snuck in at number 2. I didn't realize that album was a rarity.

I also see you Slipknot creeping in at number 23. That record I got for like 9 bucks at www.insound.com 3 or so years ago.

Yeah, I don't get why the Median value is creeping up there now. It's right up there with the TMR Margo Price Indie Exclusive.

Could just be that it's finally out of print / unavailable - and with the new album, people are getting into the older stuff. I know the other albums are difficult to get, too.

May Update -

Sorted by Median price -

Looks like Madlib ‎– Flight to Brazil made the biggest move from last update in March.

While Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross ‎– Watchmen: Vol. 01 (Music From The HBO Series) came crashing down. Seems like some copies of this one finally flooded the shelves.

1589585647715.png1589585458790.png

I assumed without checking that the answer was “one of the Pearl Jam Vaults” but I looked on Discogs and found out that it actually goes National-National-Khruangbin-National with PJ just barely making it into the top 5. Interesting.

Today marks the 3 year anniversary of coming back to the hobby, it's been a bit crazy, interesting, educational, frustrating and now, finally, on an even keel with some solid direction and enjoyment. Some BIG thank you's need to go out to fellow forum members for a couple of these in one way, shape or form, so THANK YOU!

The top 10 as of today :)
1589636159152.png

Back