What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

ugh. That Crow S/T....it still pisses me off that it was an RSD only release.
Fortunate to have had someone on the site come through for me, but that being said, I get "Actual" limited releases from retailers, variants and what not. All hobbies kind of need white whales and things to pursue and let's be honest, we all like having those high values show up on Cogs when we know we paid retail.......it's part of the fun. BUT, for RSD? I feel that's contradicting the whole point of RSD, shouldn't RSD put these releases in as many hands as possible? But no, since they're limited, flippers with nothing but time on their hands scoop them all up and those who missed out end up paying out the nose.

I've pretty much given up on going out to locations, the places around here are too small and only get 1 or 2 of the most popular releases, so if your not 1st in line there is no point. So let me take this moment to once again thank all those on the forum who go out of their way for us less fortunate.

I just don't see how a pressing run of 8000 dries up as fast as the Crow release did.

I actually think they didn't press that many.

My local store only got 1...for a release of 8000 that is a bit odd. Considering they get 3 or 4 of the ones limited to 1000 or less.

I just don't see how a pressing run of 8000 dries up as fast as the Crow release did.

I actually think they didn't press that many.

My local store only got 1...for a release of 8000 that is a bit odd. Considering they get 3 or 4 of the ones limited to 1000 or less.
It was a bit crazy that one. I managed to make RSD at a store in North Canton, Ohio by a fluke. Scored my Crow OST there. I had no idea that it had shot up so high. It’s nuts.

January 2020 update - Some in the top changed spots since my last update 2 months ago, but not much else...

QVmWKn.jpg

l34CIo.jpg

Median isn't too bad - prices are always subject to condition, so you aren't going to get a perfect value.
yeah, in a way, you're almost best off using the min value.

it just bothers me when i see things on my list that look more valuable than they are (usually because they were scarce for awhile and then got reissued) haha

Median isn't too bad - prices are always subject to condition, so you aren't going to get a perfect value.
It usually is a pretty good indicator, but if an album has been around for a long time and suddenly jumps up (or drops) in price, it won't necessarily be indicative of current prices.

It usually is a pretty good indicator, but if an album has been around for a long time and suddenly jumps up (or drops) in price, it won't necessarily be indicative of current prices.

It's the median of the last 10 sales, so it will show fairly quickly if it is actually selling.

Back