What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#157: Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

IMG_20200303_064359.jpg

Working my way through the backlog of new stuff...

X-Ray Spex ‎– Germfree Adolescents
Real Gone Music ‎– RGM-0460, 1978/2018

Cut by David Cheppa at Plush Vinyl

8n9wH2.jpg

KaN6ET.jpg

I haven't watched this on Netflix...not sure if I would like it. Looks a bit too "CW" for my usual taste in TV. Any one here watch it?

Various ‎– Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina (Original Television Score And Soundtrack, Season One)
Waxwork Records/WaterTower Music ‎– WW073, 2020

3 LPs of the score (Adam Taylor, Handmaid's Tale) and music used in the TV show.

Clear w/ Red, Yellow & Orange "Satanic Splatter"

Cut by Adam Gonsalves at Telegraph Mastering

OCov2Q.jpg

X5b5qt.jpg

I haven't watched this on Netflix...not sure if I would like it. Looks a bit too "CW" for my usual taste in TV. Any one here watch it?

Various ‎– Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina (Original Television Score And Soundtrack, Season One)

3 LPs of the score (Adam Taylor, Handmaid's Tale) and music used in the TV show.

OCov2Q.jpg

X5b5qt.jpg
I started watching and didn't finish it (mostly because I hardly ever keep up with tv shows 😅) and while what I saw was better than I expected going into it, your CW comparison isn't very far off. I think it's higher quality and definitely had a good amount of talent and effort put into it but it did feel pretty teen oriented. Not bad but also not anything you should feel in a rush to watch I would say

I really enjoyed it ..half way thru season 3 at moment

OCov2Q.jpg

X5b5qt.jpg

It really is! They were one of my favourite bands in the 90s and I’d all but given up on them after Lifeblood. For them to come back from that mess with such an amazing album was exhilarating!

Yep , been a big manics fan since motorcycle emptiness, Send Away was a wonderful return to form , as was postcards ..that followed it ...still great live too. Lifeblood is probably their only bad record imo.. although I love the opener 1985 and empty souls ..so would like a vinyl reissue.. See you got the signed Send Away ..me too!

Danny Bensi And Saunder Jurriaans ‎– The Lodge – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Death Waltz Recording Company ‎– DW158, 2020

Numbered/Limited to 300 on clear translucent w/ white & red "Bloody Snow" splatter
#228 / 300

Pressed at GZ

44bDoC.jpg

uYqU2F.jpg

My collection #122

REM - Chronic Town

In many ways, this might be my favourite REM release. I love most of the first dozen or so but this is the one I keep on coming back to. The one time I was asked to choose songs on their set list I went for Gardening At Night and Country Feedback.

20200305_073846.jpg

Back