Khemmis ‎– Desolation
20 Buck Spin ‎– SPIN100, 2018/2019

"Bloodletting" Tour Edition - limited to 200 on clear w/ blood splatter vinyl

Pressed at GZ

CzyrR7.jpg

0gRpc8.jpg

Saint Etienne - The Misadventures of Saint Etienne

A3ABC482-0D0F-4A29-8D6E-DFB8935F311A.jpeg

Saint Etienne is one of my all time favorite bands, and this album, originally released on clear vinyl in Japan in 1999, has been one of my biggest white whales since, oh, 1999. The band announced a repress in December of 500 copies on white vinyl and 500 on black - I was lucky enough to snag a black copy before they sold out.

This album was made as the soundtrack to a movie called The Misadventures of Margaret starring Parker Posey and is full of lush instrumentals and sweet songs, a bit of a departure for Saint Etienne but my favorite of theirs nonetheless.

I've never watched this movie...I may add it to the list for the 2nd Annual N&G 31 Days of Halloween later this year.

Richard Stone ‎– Pumpkinhead (Original MGM Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Notefornote Music ‎– NFN1019LP, 2019

Limited to 300 on Pumpkin Orange vinyl

Cut by Richard Houghten

E5OERP.jpg

dH6JfH.jpg

What day is it today?

Indie Rock Thursday!

Positives - great sounding pressing and very pretty records and of course the music which is awesome. Really mad, love how it's all over the place. Definitely a more challenging listen than most indie music. When this first came out I couldn't work out whether or not it was any good, but over time I grew to love it.

Negatives - I hate how the live recordings start on the same side as the last couple of album tracks. Is this the same with the original release? Extras should be on a separate disc or side. Also I went to check out the cocktail recipe and it's a bottle of wine. WTF?!?

IMG_20200116_091503.jpg

I've never watched this movie...I may add it to the list for the 2nd Annual N&G 31 Days of Halloween later this year.

Richard Stone ‎– Pumpkinhead (Original MGM Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Notefornote Music ‎– NFN1019LP, 2019

Limited to 300 on Pumpkin Orange vinyl

Cut by Richard Houghten

E5OERP.jpg

dH6JfH.jpg

I loved this film as a kid. Fun fact: it was called Vengeance The Demon in the UK but got retitled Pumpkinhead about 15 years ago. Lance Henrikson is great in it.

Back