What's Spinning

Have you ever looked for a record on your shelf and couldn't find it? I've just spent the past hour solid looking for a specific record which im convinced I own. I looked through my discogs and its in there. Looked through emails to find a reference to it (I would of definitely bought this particular one online, not a physical store).....no luck. Checked to see if I have ever posted it here......no luck. Problem is that I have listened to it so much on my phone that im now starting to think I imagined buying it and I know the music from streaming. Infuriating. Going to strip the shelves this weekend until I find it......or not.

In the meantime i need some chill-out music to calm down......

Miles Davis ‎– Plays For Lovers (Stateside, 1965 First UK Mono Pressing)

IMG_2199 2.JPG

Have you ever looked for a record on your shelf and couldn't find it? I've just spent the past hour solid looking for a specific record which im convinced I own. I looked through my discogs and its in there. Looked through emails to find a reference to it (I would of definitely bought this particular one online, not a physical store).....no luck. Checked to see if I have ever posted it here......no luck. Problem is that I have listened to it so much on my phone that im now starting to think I imagined buying it and I know the music from streaming. Infuriating. Going to strip the shelves this weekend until I find it......or not.

View attachment 29494

View attachment 29494
Well, this took a left turn. Now I’m dying to know what the record is!

Black Pumas

Not listened to this for a while. Seeing @Lee Newman spinning it inspired me to spin it, it’s still amazing, I still think they’re even better live!

View attachment 29501View attachment 29500
Without a doubt, they are better live. There’s an energy that they (especially Eric) bring to the stage that is palpable and really not present on the record (as good as it is).

Speaking of Eric, there is a Colors Show for Oct 33 and I was wondering how difficult it is for him to be this reserved:

Without a doubt, they are better live. There’s an energy that they (especially Eric) bring to the stage that is palpable and really not present on the record (as good as it is).

Speaking of Eric, there is a Colors Show for Oct 33 and I was wondering how difficult it is for him to be this reserved:

Yeah definitely, and it was such a small, intimate space that I saw them in too which really played into the whole thing. He is a complete ball of energy and he kept coming off the stage and dancing in the middle of the crowd!

Back