What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#73: Paco de Lucía - Sirocco

IMG_20191021_061450.jpg

This record is a great example of what I talked about in my previous post. The compositions and performances in this record have elements that aren't in his earlier albums and I can only blame his explorations in other genres for it. I love hearing artists grow and evolve, and playing back to back three Paco albums from different points of his career helped me identify the evolution I'm talking about.

Anyone else get freebie flexi discs from labels? I got about 8 or so here and I while I want to hear them, I don't know if I want to play them.

I have a couple older flexi discs that needed to be weighed down with a nickel, but that's the my only experience with them.

This is the last set of 4 I was sent with a recent record purchase (From Pirates Press Records)

20191022_202820 (2).jpg

Anyone play these? I don't want to mess up my stylus.

Last edited:
Coven ‎– Blood On The Snow
Real Gone Music/Buddah Records ‎– RGM-0922, 1974/2019

Limited to 1200 copies on white w/ red splatter - "Blood On The Snow" vinyl

Pressed at MRP/GZ

B8XwAa.jpg

F2Q278.jpg

Anyone else get freebie flexi discs from labels? I got about 8 or so here and I while I want to hear them, I don't know if I want to play them.

I have a couple older flexi discs that needed to be weighed down with a nickel, but that's the my only experience with them.

This is the last set of 4 I was sent with a recent record purchase (From Pirates Press Records)

View attachment 20460

I do have a few flexis but I've never had a record company/distributor send me one - they all came from magazines. This is probably the best one -

20191022_235432.jpg

And while I'm at it, guess I'll play a whole record...

R.E.M. - Reckoning

20191022_235510.jpg

I do have a few flexis but I've never had a record company/distributor send me one - they all came from magazines. This is probably the best one -

View attachment 20461

And while I'm at it, guess I'll play a whole record...

R.E.M. - Reckoning

View attachment 20462

I've had an XTC flexi, but Haven't played it in years...and not with this TT setup anyway. These were the first I've gotten from a label.

Didn't really know they were a thing that was coming back.

I may try out one and see how it is.

2y3b.jpg

I guess I could just use my record weight if I have slippage issues.

Back