What's Spinning

I know I’ve shared this before, but I love this album when I just want to mellow out.

Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
Analogue Productions - QRP - 200g 33 1/3

Beautiful, mellow, with a wonderful sense of space and presence. Add a nice single malt, a comfy chair, and a quiet house. Perfect.

8C9F2144-8385-4A45-B30F-823F6127D769.jpeg

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#44: Mark de Clive-Lowe

IMG_20190922_115605.jpg

Shout out to @Skalap for introducing me to one of my favorite albums of the year.

RIP Sid Haig...

Various ‎– House Of 1000 Corpses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Waxwork Records ‎– WW078, 2003/2019

45 RPM
Pressed at MRP/GZ

lxTTMd.jpg

l4vAhl.jpg

Camarón - La leyenda del tiempo
2019 - Philips/Universal - GZ press

IMG_20190923_121551.jpg

@agutierrezb killed it with this month's N&G AOTM, take a look over at the thread if you haven't. He even created an illustrated, translated lyric book. Universal just needs to make sure we can all get one.

All of the N&G AOTM threads have been wonderful. This community continues to amaze me.

Last edited:
The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
I purposely skipped #36, since I didn't want to give my October ROTM pick, so here it is now
#36: Camarón de la Isla - La leyenda del tiempo
IMG_20190923_080313.jpg
There isn't much more I can say about this album. Head over to the first post on the October ROTM thread to see why this record means so much to me and to flamenco.

Back