What's Spinning

Let's keep this on the DL....but I'm playing a CD. It's not on vinyl - I am hoping for a pressing eventually.

Terry Chambers and Colin Moulding of XTC with songs from last years EP, but it is mostly XTC tracks.

TC&I ‎– Naked Flames: Live At Swindon Arts Centre
TC&I Music ‎– TC&I-CD-002, 2019

4RH2DH.jpg

This is not a good pressing....skipping and a rumble on the first track - along with being at a faster RPM, makes that track unplayable....I'll see if the vinyl flat and a cleaning can do anything for it.

EDIT - Side B starts off just as bad - C also has some issues, but plays through them - may have to look to get a replacement.

This is the problem with shitty pressing plants doing 45 RPM....they HAVE to be perfect to play at this speed. I first put this on at 33 1/3 and had no issues and it tracked just fine, but at the faster speed, defects make a huge difference in play quality.

Ride ‎– This Is Not A Safe Place
Wichita ‎– WEBB570LP, 2019

45 RPM

Pressed at GZ

7UF2D6.jpg

6a0v6z.jpg

Pressed at GZ
Enough said :(

Enough said :(

yeah. I can say that GZ has gotten better in the last handful of years - back in the early 2000's I avoided most of their pressings, as they were utter crap - pretty much CD's cut to vinyl. The fact that they are as big as they are and still press a lot of gray market releases surprises the hell out of me.

I've had more issues lately with Optimal pressings than any other pressing plant.

It has been a productive morning so far while listening to records...and that 1 cd.

I replaced the switch on my VPI RCM - glad that is finally done. It was way too expensive for what I needed - they sent out a whole new plate with 2 switches. The new plate is plastic - mine is metal. The screw holes on the plastic plate doesn't fit where the holes for mine are....so I had to pop out the glued in switches and put them in my old metal plate. It wasn't hard, but too much $$ for what I needed and ended up using.

I then hung 2 XTC prints....but I'm gonna go get a laser level today to do a better job.

May spend the day moving some posters around....mix it up a little bit.

Both are numbered/signed by Andy Partridge (XTC)

_DSC0004.JPG

It has been a productive morning so far while listening to records...and that 1 cd.

I replaced the switch on my VPI RCM - glad that is finally done. It was way too expensive for what I needed - they sent out a whole new plate with 2 switches. The new plate is plastic - mine is metal. The screw holes on the plastic plate doesn't fit where the holes for mine are....so I had to pop out the glued in switches and put them in my old metal plate. It wasn't hard, but too much $$ for what I needed and ended up using.

I then hung 2 XTC prints....but I'm gonna go get a laser level today to do a better job.

May spend the day moving some posters around....mix it up a little bit.

Both are numbered/signed by Andy Partridge (XTC)

View attachment 14939
Your morning is definitely more fun than mine, lol

Back