What's Spinning

Very nice! reminds me of Joe Albany a bit.
He's a really interesting character and has dabbled in so much. He recorded with Jutta Hipp on her 'At The Hickory House' recordings. Was Lee Konitz side-man for a while. He then recorded the likes of Booker Ervin, Lee Konitz and Zoot Sims in his Manhattan loft before setting up his own label (Wave) in the UK. During this time he was also a sound engineer for Atlantic, Verve and Bethlehem and worked on albums including Booker Ervin's 'The Book Cooks'. He then wrote a biography on Lennie Tristano that was written from his own perspective as a side-man. All whislt recording his own music as lead and also dabbling in classical/third-stream music.

Crazy how jam-packed of a career he has had.

He's a really interesting character and has dabbled in so much. He recorded with Jutta Hipp on her 'At The Hickory House' recordings. Was Lee Konitz side-man for a while. He then recorded the likes of Booker Ervin, Lee Konitz and Zoot Sims in his Manhattan loft before setting up his own label (Wave) in the UK. During this time he was also a sound engineer for Atlantic, Verve and Bethlehem and worked on albums including Booker Ervin's 'The Book Cooks'. He then wrote a biography on Lennie Tristano that was written from his own perspective as a side-man. All whislt recording his own music as lead and also dabbling in classical/third-stream music.

Crazy how jam-packed of a career he has had.
Great knowledge to share! Those Jutta BN albums are gold (TP or BN classic fingers crossed). I enjoyed the bass playing on the YT sample I looked up. Joe Puma was on some good sessions also.

Boy do I have the album for you.....Oscar Peterson Sings Nat King Cole :ROFLMAO:
original.gif

Packaging on this is superb, sounds good so far

View attachment 106246
This series is going to be really great if they maintain the quality. I was hoping they would be released in a single box set but I guess not. I might end up picking a few of these up, I have been on the search for originals for quite a while but when we are talking about £250+ for an OG or £30 for this I know which one I will go for!

Back