What's Spinning

Stevie Nicks ‎– The Other Side Of The Mirror (Modern Records, 1989 First UK Pressing)

Picked this up cheap at a carboot several years ago and it came with this eery 'holographic' image of Stevie. I did not pay £29.95 for the stand....

View attachment 106169
View attachment 106170

Hahaha! £30 in the mid 80s was quite the sum! That album is a definite bargain bin staple, there’s about a million on cogs under £5 or at least there used to be unless covid has sent its cogs price spiralling too…

Hahaha! £30 in the mid 80s was quite the sum! That album is a definite bargain bin staple, there’s about a million on cogs under £5 or at least there used to be unless covid has sent its cogs price spiralling too…
Crazy isnt it, I wouldn't pay that now!

Completely. In all honesty it doesn't do too much for me. Its OK but not something I would look to play on repeat.

Crazy isnt it, I wouldn't pay that now!

Completely. In all honesty it doesn't do too much for me. Its OK but not something I would look to play on repeat.

No Stevie’s first two are records I love and the third has highlights. I think that by this one she was in a mess addicted to the prescription tranquilliser Klonopin which she has since said completely killed her creativity. I’d pick it up for a couple of quid because I’m a completist but I couldn’t see myself splashing out more than that.

No Stevie’s first two are records I love and the third has highlights. I think that by this one she was in a mess addicted to the prescription tranquilliser Klonopin which she has since said completely killed her creativity. I’d pick it up for a couple of quid because I’m a completist but I couldn’t see myself splashing out more than that.
That's really interesting.

Do you happen to read biographies Joe? This one might be up your street - Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac. It was a real eye-opener and full of captivating anecdotes. You have to take some of them with a pinch of salt, but it's a really gripping read.

That's really interesting.

Do you happen to read biographies Joe? This one might be up your street - Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac. It was a real eye-opener and full of captivating anecdotes. You have to take some of them with a pinch of salt, but it's a really gripping read.

Yeah Stevie has had a rough time of it. Lindsay Buckingham has always treated her pretty poorly and she had just managed to get completely off cocaine when she was prescribed Klonopin, which it turns out she never really needed, and it messed her up completely for about 8 years.

With reading I go through phases! I used to read pretty much anything and voraciously up until I did law school. Mainly fiction but I did like mixing in football and music books.

When that finished 6 years ago it killed my want to read anything! I was just starting to get back into it when the pandemic struck and when I lost the commute I lost the time I used to spend reading so fell out of the habit again! I’ll have to try and engineer myself some reading time again!

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll stick it on my list!

The Collection Playthrough

Played a ton over the weekend so I'll do this in parts. May not be fully the right order but all played.

First five were challenge thread plays, comments in there, the last was a Philly Soul pick that was a bargain pickup and enjoyable when I decide to spin it.

053 - The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing
054 - Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company (10th Anniversary Edition)
055 - Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
056 - Luke Slater - Freek Funk
057 - Various Artists - No Nukes
058- The Three Degrees - The Three DegreesPXL_20210720_151648591.MP.jpg

Yeah Stevie has had a rough time of it. Lindsay Buckingham has always treated her pretty poorly and she had just managed to get completely off cocaine when she was prescribed Klonopin, which it turns out she never really needed, and it messed her up completely for about 8 years.

With reading I go through phases! I used to read pretty much anything and voraciously up until I did law school. Mainly fiction but I did like mixing in football and music books.

When that finished 6 years ago it killed my want to read anything! I was just starting to get back into it when the pandemic struck and when I lost the commute I lost the time I used to spend reading so fell out of the habit again! I’ll have to try and engineer myself some reading time again!

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll stick it on my list!
The same thing happened to me when the pandemic hit. I also stopped reading because of the lack of commute. I now try to put aside time in the evening to read a bit and listen to music.

No worries, its one that I have been meaning to re-read so maybe this is the push I needed!

The Collection Playthrough

Played a ton over the weekend so I'll do this in parts. May not be fully the right order but all played.

First five were challenge thread plays, comments in there, the last was a Philly Soul pick that was a bargain pickup and enjoyable when I decide to spin it.

053 - The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing
054 - Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company (10th Anniversary Edition)
055 - Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
056 - Luke Slater - Freek Funk
057 - Various Artists - No Nukes
058- The Three Degrees - The Three DegreesView attachment 106192
I've never seen anyone else with the Ting Ting's record, I thought I was the only person to buy a copy :ROFLMAO:

I've never seen anyone else with the Ting Ting's record, I thought I was the only person to buy a copy :ROFLMAO:

I love that album enough to end up paying a premium for it on re-sale since it seems no one in the U.S. really wanted to buy a copy either when it was available. Honestly, I kind of laugh but their music plays super well in the medium, it'll get a lot of play. Total guilty pop pleasure.

I love that album enough to end up paying a premium for it on re-sale since it seems no one in the U.S. really wanted to buy a copy either when it was available. Honestly, I kind of laugh but their music plays super well in the medium, it'll get a lot of play. Total guilty pop pleasure.
That's funny because I'm pretty sure I paid a premium for the reissue (on some fancy blue marbled vinyl I think) because of nostalgia. Seem to remembe "Thats Not My Name" being a pretty big hit when it was released and I also think it was used in a car advert at some point too.

Going to have to listen to it soon.

Back