What's Spinning

Collection playthrough #897

Heifetz / Munch / Boston Symphony Orchestra - Mendelssohn Concerto In E Minor / Prokofieff Concerto In G Minor
RCA Red Label (1959)

The oldest record I own. Sounds quite good considering its age - I bet I could get it close to silent if I ever pick up an ultrasonic cleaner.

IMG_8172.jpeg

Collection playthrough #897

Heifetz / Munch / Boston Symphony Orchestra - Mendelssohn Concerto In E Minor / Prokofieff Concerto In G Minor
RCA Red Label (1959)

The oldest record I own. Sounds quite good considering its age - I bet I could get it close to silent if I ever pick up an ultrasonic cleaner.

View attachment 201379
Don't forget to push the mono button! Sounds awesome, doesn't it? (y) Which "S" do you have?

A few of my RSD orders have come in the past few days, so I'm finally spinning some records again...

I know I previously said I was going to stop chasing the "best" and just be content with what I already have, but I really wanted to hear if this reissue sounded better than what I have. The OP I have is a bit worn - sounds great, but a little too much surface noise for the type of music. The somewhat recent reissue from Real Gone Music was a disappointment - it was a crap David Cheppa/Rainbo release - and I let them know they wasted their time with it...and from their email response I think they agreed it wasn't a worthwhile release and they get stuck with whatever Warner Bros. gives them.

So far this sounds pretty good to me, no surface noise at all - and the bonus tracks are a great bonus.

The Rain Parade – Emergency Third Rail Power Trip
Label 51 Recordings – LAB 51009 RSD, 1983/2024

#RSD24 - RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus Release
Limited to 1000

Vc3CwUH.jpg

fcBrrXc.jpg

Back