What's Spinning

I think it is sold out, but some kind soul listed a copy at a fair price over on Discogs, so I jumped on it.
Ah ok, maybe it's harder to find than I thought then, it's still available at a few shops over here in the UK.

When you consider how well received the VMP and Speaker Corner 'The Max Roach Trio Featuring The Legendary Hasaan' was received, I would have thought that this one would have gone like hot cakes.

John Coltrane - Lush Life (Prestige, 2021 Craft One-Step Small Batch Pressing)

One last one for tonight.

View attachment 99572
This pressing and album is an absolute delight! Really wish I snagged a copy of the Craft One-Step Yussef Lateef! I am very happy to have this pressing though; it's becoming one of my favourite jazz records I own on vinyl!

This pressing and album is an absolute delight! Really wish I snagged a copy of the Craft One-Step Yussef Lateef! I am very happy to have this pressing though; it's becoming one of my favourite jazz records I own on vinyl!
I agree it's fantastic!

I was always one of those people that would purposely not get these expensive one-step reissues in favour of saving for originals (in most part it's still my stance) BUT its hard to deny that these Craft Small Batches are as close to the original as we are going to get. Fantastic packages.

Jazz At The Santa Monica Civic '72 (Pablo Records, 1972 Box Set)

I spent the morning listening to this fantastic set. I didn't realise this until I had already bought it, but it was the success of this mail-order only release that led Norman Granz to create Pablo Records as a proper label. The gig was supposed to only feature Ella Fitzgerald and the Count Basie Orchestra but Granz invited Roy Eldridge, Harry "Sweets" Edison, Stan Getz, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, Oscar Peterson and Ray Brown as surprises.

IMG_0419.JPG

Adrian Younge - The American Negro (Jazz Is Dead, 2021)

Streaming this one but will look to get a vinyl copy if my local has it in stock. I have just shared this in the Jazz thread and its incredibly powerful commentary on what it is like to be a Black person in America (and the world for that matter). Mixes a range of spoken work, funk, jazz, etc.

Back