What's Spinning

Charlie Rouse / Paul Quinichette - The Chase Is On (Bethlehem Records, 1958 First Mono Sample Pressing)

I was so wrapped up in Jackie McLean's birthday yesterday that I didnt realise that it would have also been Paul Quinichette's.

IMG_0489.JPG

You're killing me with the Jazz In Britain stuff! I wish those records were easier to get here in the US.

Every time I'm like elbows-deep in broken gospel records at a Goodwill I think of @Selaws ' "I walked outside and there was a guy with a trunk full of pristine jazz classics for a pound, right outside my door!" posts and sob quietly into the Barbara Streisand and Mantovani records.

You're killing me with the Jazz In Britain stuff! I wish those records were easier to get here in the US.
I guess it doesn't help that pressing numbers are pretty low. The guys at JIB have plenty lined up though so I'm sure more fantastic records will be available in the future.

Every time I'm like elbows-deep in broken gospel records at a Goodwill I think of @Selaws ' "I walked outside and there was a guy with a trunk full of pristine jazz classics for a pound, right outside my door!" posts and sob quietly into the Barbara Streisand and Mantovani records.
Hahaha I wish it was that easy. Most of the time it's either junk or I get home to find they are scratched up. BUT the ones at the carboot are usually only £1-£2 so it's worth the risk.

Back